Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1327
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallen4520 View Post
    Who wants to ride sat. Morning?
    Thanks for the reply! I was worried about our ice storm we had that downed all the trees at TM

Where is the ride, Turkey or Green Leaf?
    FYI There is the Snake run at 1:00 at Turkey
    Time is an illusion,
    Rising from time,
    Steep is the mountain which we climb.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Prob just turkey I've got 100 things to do this weekend but I will Deff. Be down for some road trips in April McMurtry,thunderbird,blowing springs, womble to name a few

mtbr member
    PM me if your looking for riders who want to commute to those places.
    I havent been to those trail systems yet.

FYI
    The April Fools MTB Fest is April 4-5 and 6th at Lake Lawtonka Medicine Park
    Time is an illusion,
    Rising from time,

Team 9.8
    I'll be coming to town in May. CANNOT WAIT TO SHRED!!! Turkey Mountain is the only place so far other than Arkansas I can actually bring a 5"+ bike and feel at home, LOVE IT!

Any DH races taking place this year?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUoP...GW_F-jWEFIWHsp

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

We will see hopefully downhilloween will return this year And yeah captain I'll send you a message when I go for a road trip usually two other guys go with me what's the April fools mtb fest all abiut

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    Did the Better Ride clinic Friday, Sat, and Sunday from 9-5. Saw a couple of people stop and watch us, not sure if any of them post here. Loved the entire clinic and the entire trail... both were so much fun. Tons of people out until we headed out to the blue trail, then we were all alone. Knarly stuff back there, but totally epic rocky riding. The "snake trail" (?) was also especially fun. I would definitely plan a trip to do that trail again.
    I don't care what you ride or how you ride just as long as you ride.

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Thustlewhumber View Post
    Did the Better Ride clinic Friday, Sat, and Sunday from 9-5. Saw a couple of people stop and watch us, not sure if any of them post here. Loved the entire clinic and the entire trail... both were so much fun. Tons of people out until we headed out to the blue trail, then we were all alone. Knarly stuff back there, but totally epic rocky riding. The "snake trail" (?) was also especially fun. I would definitely plan a trip to do that trail again.
    What're your thoughts on the clinic; worth the cash and effort? I was thinking about signing up my wife but she balked at the expense.
    Calvin

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

I was going to do the same

I have Flat Pedal shame.
    Nov 2011
    The clinic is a game changer. It is by far, hands down, the best investment/upgrade you can do for yourself or for your bike. I highly recommend you both go together, because if she goes by herself she will outride you by the end of the weekend.
    I don't care what you ride or how you ride just as long as you ride.

mtbr member
    We will see hopefully downhilloween will return this year And yeah captain I'll send you a message when I go for a road trip usually two other guys go with me what's the April fools mtb fest all abiut

I have never been, but the Mount Scott and Lake Lawtonka area look fun to ride
    Time is an illusion,
    Rising from time,

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Ok that's down by Lawton right? I've been to mt. Scott and the wild life refuge there it is a cool place never ridden a bike there

mtbr member
    medicine park is pretty cray cray - east loop by marina that is

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrok View Post
    medicine park is pretty cray cray - east loop by marina that is
    Cray cray as in rocky or climbing or both? Hopefully both.

I might check it out, looks like it might be some nice open scenery.
    Time is an illusion,
    Rising from time,

mtbr member
    rocky climbing

boomer
    Anybody know the story behind the teepee at Turkey? My wife spotted it yesterday; I've been thru that section (Down by Pepsi plant) a bunch lately but never noticed it before.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin View Post
    Anybody know the story behind the teepee at Turkey? My wife spotted it yesterday; I've been thru that section (Down by Pepsi plant) a bunch lately but never noticed it before.
    I usually see and smell what looks to be some 20 somethings enjoying life and 'enjoying' nature if/when I actually have seen people in/around it

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrok View Post
    I usually see and smell what looks to be some 20 somethings enjoying life and 'enjoying' nature if/when I actually have seen people in/around it
    So I see it's a hip-pee tee-pee?
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Just moved to Tulsa and have been out of the saddle for a number of years. Went to my LBS and think I might get back into the game. I've only ridden hard tails but the guys at the shop said for the type of riding I want/plan to do, they would highly recommend FS, especially for riding at Turkey - so I made a trip out there on foot to check some of these trails out ... WOW. Hello rock garden central! I think I might pick up the FS this week, if I can justify the cost - damn that is going to lighten the pocketbook! I'm pumped about getting on the trails though, I feel super lucky having such an awesome place to ride so close! See you guys and gals out there!

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Good! What ride are you looking at? And we are very fortunate to have this

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    Good! What ride are you looking at? And we are very fortunate to have this
    I found a 2013 Spec Camber Comp 29 - I did some comparing between the 2013 & 2014, and the 2013 seems to be a bit better equipped. It seems to have some amazing reviews - haven't found someone who did enjoy the hell out of it.

The only thing is the price ... it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. So I've got to justify the cost.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

I had 2010 spesh stump jumper and it was good for turkey you could pedal it and still had 130mm out back so it was fun going down. But you should check into some other frames besides specialized there are tons of great trail bikes out where you will get more bang for your buck you could also check out pinkbike buy/sell forum go the used bike route you can find good deals on there just takes more time but worth the wait

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Who's going to fat tire!? Went Sunday and tested the super d track 30mph + !!! On marbles !! Awsome dh corse too. went down twice so much fun let me know if anyone is going.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Quote Originally Posted by nachorunner918 View Post
    I found a 2013 Spec Camber Comp 29 - I did some comparing between the 2013 & 2014, and the 2013 seems to be a bit better equipped. It seems to have some amazing reviews - haven't found someone who did enjoy the hell out of it.

The only thing is the price ... it's a bit more than I wanted to spend. So I've got to justify the cost.
    I know most of the bike shops here in Tulsa are going to point you in the cross-country catigory but check out some of the trail bikes by yeti sb75 or sb95. Intense has some good bikes out,the carbine. The only thing is you can't demo any of them because no lbs carries the brands. Spoke house has a couple demo 650b Jamis bikes go check it out at main street broken arrow

mtbr member
    I roll with a '13 Comp out at turkey and it is perfect once you get suspension dialed in.

Sallen - yep on Fat Tire, doing the Omnium!

Quote Originally Posted by nachorunner918 View Post

mtbr member
    Jul 2014
    I know most of the bike shops here in Tulsa are going to point you in the cross-country catigory but check out some of the trail bikes by yeti sb75 or sb95. Intense has some good bikes out,the carbine. The only thing is you can't demo any of them because no lbs carries the brands. Spoke house has a couple demo 650b Jamis bikes go check it out at main street broken arrow
    awesome recommendations! I am pretty impressed with the amount of shops around here ... I'd really like to help support one of the local shops. I haven't made it over to Spoke yet, but have heard good things. I am going to keep the Comp in mind, but it would be nice to save some $$

Page 53 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 43 49 50 51 52 53 54 LastLast