Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,275 of 1359
    mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    A giant trance 27.5. Wanted the yeti but just couldn't get myself to buy a frame that was being discontinued and off the Internet as well.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Is the sb66 frame still for sale I'll snatch that puppy up

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    It's not just a frame but whole bike and yes it's still available at go-ride.com

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Ok I'll check it out thanks

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Yeah month know about that website thought it was an individual selling the bike I'm looking for an sb66 med. frame really want to build one up

boomer
    You can find the alu SB66's for $1,575 all over the place:

Yeti Cycles SB-66 | Competitive Cyclist

Congrats on the Giant, they're getting great reviews. As far as the SB66 goes, if you search for a poster on here named John P. (A Yeti employee) he stated in a recent post that they'll have parts for many years to come; you can see it here:

No more 66 from Yeti... - Page 3

Good luck, I love my SB95!
    Calvin

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Right on I get emails from comp. cycles and few others and watch pinkbike. Just waiting for the right one to come along. I like the long tt after riding a couple different styles
    I think the sb66 geo looks like a lot of fun

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yeah I saw the post on the yeti forum. Like I said I'm sure the yeti is an awesome bike and honestly I probably made a mistake, but I just didn't want to buy online. Anything goes wrong with my giant I've got a great shop and a great company with a lifetime warranty to support me versus yeti changing to a 2 yr warranty. It's just like the experience you had with your wife's specialized okie_calvin. If you had bought online from a smaller bike company there is no way your issue would've been resolved like that.

Anyways can't wait to try out the new bike. I'm sure its a more capable bike than I am a rider.

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw533 View Post
    Yeah I saw the post on the yeti forum. Like I said I'm sure the yeti is an awesome bike and honestly I probably made a mistake, but I just didn't want to buy online. Anything goes wrong with my giant I've got a great shop and a great company with a lifetime warranty to support me versus yeti changing to a 2 yr warranty. It's just like the experience you had with your wife's specialized okie_calvin. If you had bought online from a smaller bike company there is no way your issue would've been resolved like that.

Anyways can't wait to try out the new bike. I'm sure its a more capable bike than I am a rider.
    Hey, I've never seen the limits of any bike I've ever owned and never will. I'll be 50 here shortly, I have to be concerned about breaking a hip!

You've got a great point about my wife's bike; Specialized came thru big time on that deal. I did see that a guy was having to pay for a new set of chainstays on a 2 year old Specialized at Midtown the other day. I thought that was pretty odd, evidently the guy bunny hops a lotů? Meanwhile my bro has a $4K Enduro frame they're preparing to build up for him. I told him he'd better not bunny hop it.
    Calvin

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Its probably better you followed your gut instinct. You can find some Smokin deals online from individuals and retailers you just have to research the hell out of the bike and ask a lot of questions. I've bought my last 4 bikes used and online. And you would be surprised what the smaller bike companies customer service is like, I was.

boomer
    Good or bad service?
    Calvin

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Pretty good! I had in intense tracer 2 with a front d hanger welded on crooked and they warrantieed a second hand frame no questions asked I thought that was cool because they didn't have to do that. And I'm riding a NS soda now that originates from Poland and it was kind of hard getting ahold of them at first but once I did they were easy to work with and help me find distributors and small parts I needed

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Well I went to turkey instead. Holy crap who told half the world about that place? I've never in my life seen even half that many people out there before.

FYI watching 2 weeks of mtb videos to get pumped for your first ride back in 2 yrs plus forgetting to loosen the tension in your spd pedals because they were on your road bike last can have very bad consequences.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

So how did you like the new ride? Yeah I rode tm today and It was packed you have to go back north to get away from the hikers it's good for turkey and bad at the same time. Some trails are like concrete they have so much traffic

boomer
    I can remember when Ho Chi's tread was no more than 2' wide the entire way!

I'm taking it you had a tip over or two, hope you're not banged up too bad and please tell us about the ride and the 27.5 wheel size and how it is at Turkey.
    Calvin

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Right gravel parking lot and that red tent in random spots out north

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I wish I could use a lot of awesome adjectives like the bike mags but asking a guy who hasn't ridden in 2 yrs about a bike on turkey is pointless. My notes so far are the 27.5 are just like what people say better roll over than 26 but not as good as my previous 29er. Due to being a crappy rider I can't say much about steering right now as I target fixated every rock and tree. The giants suspension pedals awesome up hills, I'll never not own a dropper post now, and the new xt RD and slx brakes absolutely rock.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Droppers are where it's at huh

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallen4520 View Post
    Droppers are where it's at huh
    I've got 2 rides on mine, I think I'm going to like it. I bought the cheap KS eTen. ~$120

KS Seatpost E-TEN R 100 30.9 Remote Lever 385MM 20MM Offset

My bro is running the high zoot KS-Lev on a few bikes and he loves 'em.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I'd like to thank the wonderful women who stood right in the middle of a technical climb on ho chi and made zero attempt to move. Before anyone flames me I was very polite that day to pedistrians and stopped/slowed many times. The women appeared after I'd already committed and pretty much just watched me come at them. Killed my momentum stuck a front wheel between 2 rocks and rolled a good 10ft off the side of ho chi until a nice tree stopped me by the ribs.

Tulsa-ok Area Riders-image.jpg

boomer
    I haven't been on Ho Chi on a weekend in about 2 years due to crowding and not liking to fall in front of non-riders. (or at any time really) I hate to sound like an old codger but I do miss the good old days when it was 98% mountain bikers and just 2% of the other. Of course I'm one of the lucky ones and never saw any of the other 2% activities.

Hope you heal up soon!
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Yeah I miss the good old days. There are so many walking trails and dog parks I just don't get it. Also don't get me started on horses. If you don't have land to ride a horse then don't own one.

On a different note has anyone ever driven from sand springs to keystone lake and looked at the north side of hwy 412 and thought how awesome of a trail system could be built?

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Man everywhere I go I see trails! Look out mountain behind bnsf railroad yard would be awesome too

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

I can't go back to a normal seat post I've been on a few command post, reverb, kind shock. reverb is my favorite so far.

mtbr member

Tulsa-ok Area Riders

Let me know if you want to go ride this week this time of year is prob the best time for me to go ride. Or go work on the trails.

Page 51 of 55 FirstFirst ... 41 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 LastLast