Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast
Results 1,126 to 1,150 of 1366
    Davir
    Quote Originally Posted by geogecko
    I think it was 3/4" of brain, not muscle, because I didn't understand half of that either...

I also am with djmtpocket, what's with the holidays? You think it's hard enough to get people to show up for a trail WORK day, so we're making it harder by putting it on a holiday? Maybe it should also start at midnight, and go until 8AM...
    When you spend 4 days hiking with a chain saw cutting hanging widow makers from the trails after an ice storm or organize the only trail work or clean up that ever occurs at turkey you will have a opinion to share until than you dont.

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by davthedude
    When you spend 4 days hiking with a chain saw cutting hanging widow makers from the trails after an ice storm or organize the only trail work or clean up that ever occurs at turkey you will have a opinion to share until than you dont.
    Relax man, thanks for cleaning the trails, but that doesn't make you better than us.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kenai
    Freewillie - the meetings for TMPS meetings were put on hold until the parking lot gets finished. I dropped the ball on the notifications of that a bit. I couldn't figure out how to get on this thread (kept getting a blank screen) to post a notice & I accidentally deleted the e-mail list.
    I pretty much have the e-mail list compiled again and I am able to post in this thread again, so look for updates on meetings once the parking lot is finished.
    Understandable. I had that same problem with this thread. I think it's getting too big or something. I'm no computer guy so who knows.

I think the most important thing here is for someone to take charge and keep everyone informed and keep scheduling work days, etc. I think the TMPS is in the best situation to do that since it is authorized by RiverParks. I want to see that group succeed, and I certainly don't want a friggin paved path on top of the hill. So, as long as the trails stay in decent shape (lots of erosion here lately!) and no one paves over them, I think we'll all be happy.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by davthedude
    im in 4 week off bike lost 3/4 of an inch of muscle in my left calf i found that quite amazing, i did how ever find an interesting wickie article on turkey mountain pictogliphs one possibility is Norseman sailed up the arkansas river and created them. they are down by the railroad tracks in a cave a hobo used to live in.If any one has seen the Heaver ruin stone they are similar.See doctor on monday maybe ill get some good news.
    I actually understood this, Dave, so keep postin'. How do you get to this cave? Is it far off the paved path, and how far north from the parking lot? Is there an easy way to get there? I'd like to see the caveman drawings.

Heal up fast, man. Great riding weather is upon us.

Davir

Healing but not there yet

Saw doc today i am semi off crutches and am healing well but still have 3 weeks of wearing the boot and no riding or working for that matter glad i have short term disability. back to the inscriptions. heres the Wiki article http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey_...n_inscriptions
    they are off the railroad tracks going toward the sewer plant theres a cave that is inscribed los cav where a hobo used to live the inscriptions are in this area. put turkey mountain inscriptions in to Google and it will bring up several entry's all interesting.

Davir

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Did anyone take advantage of the Specialized demo event at Turkey today? I'm still dreaming about the S-works Stumpjumper I rode today. That thing was super light and the 140mm of travel was more than plush. It's time to start saving my nickles...

mtbr member
    Posted this up on the passion board. Enjoy! The trails are great at Turkey! I'm headed to Arkansas for some Womble and Ouchita action this weekend. PM if any of you might be there. Looking for some Fall colors!

http://forums.mtbr.com/showthread.ph...71#post6228171

mtbr member
    Feb 2006

Turkey Mountain trailwork day

10/31/09....flyer attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

mtbr member
    Nov 2009
    Coming to town for thanksgiving and trying to decide if we should bring the bikes. What kind of shape is the trail in?

Thanks!

boomer
    Like snot Saturday but should be good come this weekend.
    Calvin

boomer
    Anybody know who put the jumps in at the beginning of snake run? They look a little shifty right now but will probably pack in good come summertime.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    I have been on hiatus for a couple of months. Too much going on. How are the trails? I am in the middle of a detached garage project that takes pretty much all my spare time. Hope to be back out after xmas. I am way out of bike shape.

Calvin, where are the jumps?

Tulsa
    trails were great 2 weeks ago, been too cold (to me) since

tomorrow should be great.

got into this thread without the dreaded white page for once too.
    wherever you go, there you are

mtbr member
    Aug 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDakSooner
    Calvin, where are the jumps?
    The jumps are in the opening first half mile from the upper lot; you can't miss 'em.

Anybody done a snow ride yet? I think my bro & I will try tomorrow. (Hoping to not get too banged up but I'm thinking mild injuries are a definite possibility!)

boomer
    This forum officially dead? Or has the weather/bad trails hushed everyone up?
    Calvin

2004 Mach 1 owner
    I'm alive, barely

Been on a break from riding in general, but will try to hit it hard this year. Gotta hit the rivertrail to get back in shape then Turkey here I come. Already got my first 5 mile ride in last Sunday. It was my first ride since 08/09, and I only rode 4 times last year

Can't wait to get back in the saddle regulary
    custom pedal bike with parts hand picked by ME

2004 Mach 1 / UA / 5-speed / IUP

Click here to see and read about my bike

mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Keystone Trails

Anyone know what's going on at the Keystone Lake trails, the parking lot gate has been locked for the last few weeks.

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Serdontos
    Anyone know what's going on at the Keystone Lake trails, the parking lot gate has been locked for the last few weeks.
    Not sure; I rode there very briefly about 3-4 weeks ago; it was too muddy to go too far but obviously it was wide open when I was there.
    Calvin

mtbr member

Keystone Trails

Ray went out & met w/ the Corp of Engineers this morning....they had closed the gates because people were dumping trash back there. The CoE said they will open the gates back up and only close them at night....keep the fingers crossed that they will stick to their word.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Thanks for the info, I was worried that we might be losing the trails, I live nearby and it's a great having a spot close by where I can get some riding in. It's a shame that some low lifes might be ruining it, I hope the Corps will be regular with the gate, as it sux parking off the road. By the way I'd like to help out with any trail maintenance that goes on at Keystone, anyone know who would I get in touch with in that regard?

mtbr member
    Did all the Tulsa area mountain bikers lose internet access?

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by MaddSkillz View Post
    Did all the Tulsa area mountain bikers lose internet access?
    Too busy riding!
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Speaking of….. I just moved back to the Tulsa area , wouldn’t mid looking for a group ride to join. Been trail running all last year and now I’m wanting to dust off the old MNT bike. Turkey Mountain is just too awesome not to ride. Is there any group rides meeting on afternoons or weekends at Trk mnt?
    Also does anyone sell Rock-n-Roll in Tulsa area?
    Time is an illusion,
    Rising from time,
    Steep is the mountain which we climb.

boomer
    I don't know of any group rides per se but I know Hammerhead has group rides occasionally, other than that you can usually find someone to ride with once you're there.
    Calvin

Page 46 of 55 FirstFirst ... 36 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... LastLast