Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 1327
    mtbr member
    Feb 2008

First time to Turkey - conditions?

A few of us from Wichita are thinking of coming to Turkey this weekend - what are trail conditions like right now?

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Pretty good, starting to get dry now. Should make for good riding conditions, minus the heat. Went through all 3 liters of water on the Thursday ride.
    - Jason

mtbr member
    Yep, bring lots of water. Supposed to be HOT all weekend. I went out Tuesday and I was soaked within a couple of miles. Really Humid on the east side of the bluff, not much direct sun. It was actually pretty dry up top. Kind of have to watch the sand, but the all the smooth stuff was really fast and tacky.

That wooden drop was really sketchy. It was probably some kids built and never had the stones to drop it. I also don't believe a berm will be very sustainable being held up by plywood.

David, you still need to let me know when you are going out to your other trail. Looks like it is taking shape.

mosquito magnet
    Mar 2007
    David, you still need to let me know when you are going out to your other trail. Looks like it is taking shape.
    I sent you a PM a couple of days ago, you probably haven't seen it yet.
    How about Tuesday?
    I think we might have a good sized crew going out about 5:45 or so.
    aka PaperStreetSoapCo

Build first, ask questions later.

mtbr member
    Western Travels and Ramblings... June 2009 pic dump

cross post from passion. haven't ridden in tulsa lately, but i have ridden and been up to some things...

Cheers!

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Clay/
    cross post from passion. haven't ridden in tulsa lately, but i have ridden and been up to some things...

Cheers!
    Great Pics Clay!! Didn't know you were such a photographer. Tulsa board has been quiet. I successfully got this site blocked at work and really just don't have the energy to post at night... for my part.

Did get 20 out at Turkey yesterday. It was a good morning. Started out nice and cool. Finally getting used to my new fork and bought some new shoes. Maiden voyage for them. My first ever racer boy style shoes. I can definitely tell the difference in pedaling efficiency.

Heading for SD this week. Hoping to get some riding in.Really not going up to ride, but hope to sneak in a few miles.

Davir

hey clay

been wondering about your were u have been. hot as frying baconhere this week Eureka fest this coming weekend if your back.

mtbr member
    For those of you who don't check out the passion board, here is a photo essay of another Mountain trip that I just got back from. This was in Durango, Salida, Summit County.

Part 1
    High Country Extravaganza! The livin' is good - July pic dump. Part 1 (X Post)

Part 2
    Part 2 - High Country Extravaganza! The livin' is good - July pic dump. Part 2 x-Post

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Anyone know how Turkey looks for riding this evening?
    - Jason

mtbr member
    all good. rode this afternoon

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    just saying....

I HATE EQUESTRIANS.

just entered the trail, in the granny ring going slow, 2 horses are on the way out. she yells "STOOOP, hes never seen a bicycle!" so i stop. as he tries to pass he flips out and tries to buck the girl rider off. i laughed.

why are they so pompus?

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Has anyone been to Turkey since the rain? Is it rideable today?

Davir

rode by on road bike

it didnt look muddy at all just moist didnt venture up the trail at all though.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    I rode tonight and the trails are great. Nice and tacky with a few "soft" spots.

mtbr member
    I just got back from Crested Butte. 4th Colorado/Western Trip of the year. Work during the week in Denver, and 2 days of riding in CB. It didn't suck.

I packed up my gear and bikes and headed back to Colorado to hang out with some old friends and trails last weekend. A great time was had by all. Being in nature with your bike pretty much guarantees a good time. Add in Colorado beer and old friends and that just makes things silly good. Let the photo expose begin....

We started with 401 - some people say overrated - I'll let you judge...

After a rest from the first climb, we bombed down.

Crappy views

Oh the humanity!

The wildflowers were dying off and the skunk cabbage was turning yellow. Fall is right around the corner in the high country.

1 out of 1 doctors approve of this ride and PBR.

Day 2 began with a fustercluck waiting around for 2 hours while the shuttle drivers came back. Keep in mind this was a colorado shuttle so it traversed several drainages - meaning we climbed well over 2000 feet over the course of the ride.

The views kept us busy and so did the pre -ride beers....

The dogs knew how to keep busy.

The main event - reno-flag-bear-doctor's.

Lots and lots of creek crossings kept the wool socks busy.

...and tight cornering kept the tires working too.

The gummies were in full force.

More rolly good fun.

Regrouping. 20 like minded souls gathered for this 4 hour ride.

While some folks go for the gummies, some go for the Dale's (only cuz they plan better).

Climbing up a 1000 foot climb to the start of the CT-Gunny spur called Doctor's Park.

The aftermath of the climb.

More gummies and beers before the last ST climb and descent down doctor's.

Post Ride libations as we draw straws for who has to fetch the last car...

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    Thanks for the Photo Essay, looks like a lot of fun. Just curious, what camera and lens are you using on your trips?
    - Jason

boomer
    Clay it looks like you need one more friend...hint hint! Preferably a slow one to make you look faster, meaner, cooler...etc.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    I see some of you mentioning riding at Turkey. We've been doing a regular Wed. nighter. Meet at Lee's Bicycles @ 8 to pedal over or in the Turkey parking lot @ 8:30. Bring lights, helmet, etc etc. NOT a beginner ride.

mtbr member
    any turkey updates after all this intermittent rain? I've been rather lazy and the overcast weather has been abetting that too much. I need to get out and ride.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    me too, any updates y'all? i want to ride today if its semi dry

mtbr member
    just got back from Turkey about 15 minutes ago. it's fine.

Davir

turkey is fine

Fractured my foot there yesterday be off bike for a while.

mtbr member
    sorry to hear that

mtbr member
    Oh man - that sucks, Dave. What happened? Where?

Davir

Fairy dust

i was about to cross the rocky creek bottom that leads to the stair step hill that is the start of fairy dust or cork screw and was going up a small off camber clay area that i have ridden probably a 100 times when i lost traction and fell over on a rock, not fast or violent at all but the pain was radical. so now im hanging out eating loritabs and watching the tube with Razcal

Thanks for all your well wishes i usually heal fast so maybe it wont be to long.Probably miss DevilsDen though,oh well ill stop and pick up some Fat Tire on the way and kick back spectating.

Page 44 of 54 FirstFirst ... 34 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast