Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,450 of 1451
    mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by southpaw533 View Post
    That would be great and appreciated. You up for meeting for a ride either at Turkey or Keystone?
    Don't know how much Keystone got this week, but was there Tuesday and it was good for the most part. Creeks still had some water in them, it was pretty sloppy where it is always usually sloppy when the trail is close to RR - the paver area.

https://youtu.be/4VIjKCWD-M8

boomer
    Reports not too good, she said it was super muddy so maybe Sunday it'd be dry enough to ride.

Personally I'm out for a few weeks.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    That's what I figured. I don't care what reports say it seemed like a ton of rain dropped Wednesday and Thursday.

Shamrock if you went Tuesday and it was pretty sloppy in areas then it has to be horrible after Wed and Thur.

Oh well back to considering Arkansas and Hobbs State Park.

boomer
    Quote Originally Posted by shamrok View Post
    Nice pace ^^^
    Calvin

mtbr member
    FYI - don't be this ****ing moron

if anybody happens to know this mouthbreather please inform him he is a ****ing dolt

Tulsa-ok Area Riders-turktard.jpg
    Last edited by shamrok; 03-28-2015 at 12:29 AM.

mtbr member
    Is he doing trail work or what?

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I'm passing thru the area today, with bike, and was wondering about trail conditions. I know you had a pretty sever storm with a fair amount of rain, but I've never ridden Turkey or Keystone so I don't know how they dry. If not there, any suggestions between there and Dallas?

mtbr member
    Turkey is fine. Keystone is prob.ably ok too

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by Sallen4520 View Post
    Turkey is fine. Keystone is prob.ably ok too
    Thanks!

mtbr member
    No problemo!

mtbr member
    Is he doing trail work or what?
    he was stuck - this was the 3rd time he was caught in a 3rd different spot along pipeline (this is where fairy dust pops out and you start the fun climb)

he would say he was leaving but 20-30m down road, there he was again.

apparently wasn't too happy when the guy started taking photos of his plate

mtbr member
    Ahh he was just tearing stuff up. That's great....

boomer
    Anybody call the authorities?
    Calvin

mtbr member
    don't know what has happened if anything, but yeah

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Hey okie_calvin how was the ride this afternoon? After talking with you I went and rode zoi and actually found a really cool loop that had some awesome flow.

boomer
    Hey okie_calvin how was the ride this afternoon? After talking with you I went and rode zoi and actually found a really cool loop that had some awesome flow.
    It was good, we only rode about an hour. The wife seemed to like the flat pedals, we rode light stuff letting her get used to them. We rode across 61st but skipped Zoi this trip. We'll go back again tomorrow and she wants to ride a bit of technical stuff and the Hwy75 climb to get even more used to them.

Nice to meet you, I didn't know you knew Buddy, you need to get him back on his bike, he's a good rider to follow and learn from.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    clearing trees. Prob. Be a lot more trees down this month too. let me know if you see anymore trees down I'll be here all week!

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin View Post
    It was good, we only rode about an hour. The wife seemed to like the flat pedals, we rode light stuff letting her get used to them. We rode across 61st but skipped Zoi this trip. We'll go back again tomorrow and she wants to ride a bit of technical stuff and the Hwy75 climb to get even more used to them.

Nice to meet you, I didn't know you knew Buddy, you need to get him back on his bike, he's a good rider to follow and learn from.
    Good deal on the wife and her flat pedals. I love my flats and five ten shoes.

I've only got to ride with Buddy once and it was eye opening. I still hit this one rock on ho chi like a mini kicker after seeing him do it. He taught me tons riding/racing ATV's out at his place. He is so heavy into dirt bikes both himself and his son I don't see him riding bikes much anymore.

Hope I get to see you out there some more. By the way what were you riding when I saw you? I thought you rode a Yeti SB95?

boomer
    Good deal on the wife and her flat pedals. I love my flats and five ten shoes.

I've only got to ride with Buddy once and it was eye opening. I still hit this one rock on ho chi like a mini kicker after seeing him do it. He taught me tons riding/racing ATV's out at his place. He is so heavy into dirt bikes both himself and his son I don't see him riding bikes much anymore.

Hope I get to see you out there some more. By the way what were you riding when I saw you? I thought you rode a Yeti SB95?
    I rode with him probably 20+ times and never saw him biff once, dudes got cat like reflexes!

My bike is a SB95 but I've got a spoke & tire issue with the rear wheel. I just so happen to be keeping my brothers high zoot S-Works Enduro. (27lb 6" travel wonderbike, I guess I can suffer through it) I know people complain about $10,000 bikes but man that's a nice bike!

If I can get my big butt in some type of shape I'll holler at you to try to hook up for a ride.
    Calvin

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    I rode the Zoi east section this evening. Man whoever cut that trail likes them some tight switchbacks. I definitely recommend riding it in the CCW direction.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    Is Turkey Mountain going to be ride-able tomorrow with all of the rain we've gotten?

boomer
    I wouldn't think so; we've had a ton of rain.

mtbr member
    Mar 2012
    Just saw an article on tulsaworld.com about Simon Properties abandoning the Turkey Mountain project and moving its proposed mall to Jenks. Be warned, though, if you read the comments section. Your intelligence and faith in humanity may suffer from many comments.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Tulsan View Post
    Just saw an article on tulsaworld.com about Simon Properties abandoning the Turkey Mountain project and moving its proposed mall to Jenks. Be warned, though, if you read the comments section. Your intelligence and faith in humanity may suffer from many comments.

You warned me and I didn't listen. I always wonder how our government, laws, and society can be so screwed up and reading those comments answered that question.

On a side note am I the only person who sees all this development in Tulsa as a waste? I love Tulsa to death and never want to move, but I just don't see the city having the people and money to keep alive all the proposed developments. I mean I've heard of at least 2-3 very large mall devlopments, Top Golf and a Top Golf rip off company, etc planned for Tulsa. I also hate how one part of town gets new stuff stays crowded then new wears off and it becomes a dump while the next new thing strives. Maybe I'll be wrong, but I foresee alot of businesses closing doors around 71st memorial in the next few years while the Hwy 75 area thrives. Already a fair amount of stores closed in Woodland Hills mall.

Rant over...glad Turkey will stay Turkey for now.

mtbr member
    May 2015
    This rain... : (

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by jayhawk0624 View Post
    This rain... : (
    Should have bought a kayak.

mtbr member
    It's been 3 weeks

boomer
    It's been 3 weeks
    No doubt, it's come to this
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Tulsa-ok Area Riders-image.jpg  

Calvin

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Anybody still alive and riding?

Chairman of the Beard
    Anybody still alive and riding?
    Heck yes. I'm new to Tulsa, looking for new friends to ride with. Hit me up.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    Been shreddin this whole time bro!

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    Heck yes. I'm new to Tulsa, looking for new friends to ride with. Hit me up.
    I will be moving to Tulsa at the end of January/beginning of February. What's the riding there like? It looks like only Turkey Mountain is in the Tulsa area. Is this the only trail? Any information you guys could give would be great.

mtbr member
    Dec 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by josh26 View Post
    I will be moving to Tulsa at the end of January/beginning of February. What's the riding there like? It looks like only Turkey Mountain is in the Tulsa area. Is this the only trail? Any information you guys could give would be great.
    Turkey is great. There is a wide variety of riding at turkey. Keystone lake is about 20 miles from Tulsa. It has a few miles of trail that are a fun change of pace.

boomer
    About 90% of locals ride at Turkey and the riding is pretty varied if you spend the time to learn the trail system. There's other opportunities to ride within an hours drive. Osage, Stillwater, Keystone, and Greenleaf are all close to Tulsa. The OKC area has several more opportunities too.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    The bright side of Tulsa is that while not a ton of riding like Arkansas or Colorado, but if you can ride all of Turkey and Keystone without dabbing a foot you can ride pretty much anything. I like the fast easy stuff at OKC, but it's nice having hard challenges in Tulsa that really build ability. Just my 2¢.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by josh26 View Post
    I'm riding tonight if you want to go ride be there about 345 at the bottom lot

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    I'm riding tonight if you want to go ride be there about 345 at the bottom lot
    Thanks for the invite! I haven't moved yet. I will be out there the weekend of January 1- 3 to look at houses and apartments. What is the mileage and elevation like at Turkey Mountain? Thanks for the information so far. I'm looking forward to riding it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    Went riding today. Awesome conditions minus some slight mud on Snake. Haven't ridden in months and cleaned some sections I've never cleaned before. Always a good feeling.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Hello, all! I am here and ride on a regular basis at Turkey and occasionally Keystone. Get at me if you want to hit the trail.

Skin

Chairman of the Beard
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinM4n View Post
    Hello, all! I am here and ride on a regular basis at Turkey and occasionally Keystone. Get at me if you want to hit the trail.

Skin
    Hey man, same here. Let's ride sometime.
    The correct number of bikes one should own is N+1, where N is the number of bikes currently owned.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by hirschmj View Post
    Hey man, same here. Let's ride sometime.
    Hey man, sorry I haven't replied...my iPhone wont let me type replies on mobile. Idk what's up with that.

I will be out on the trail in the morning. Shoot me a message on here or if you are on Facebook check out the page "Tulsa Mountain Bike Group"

Hope to see you around sometime. Keep up the shredding.

Skin

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    If any of my fellow Tulsa riders would be interested in a 2014 Giant Trance 27.5 1 size medium hit me up. Selling as a result of changing the bike stable up a bit.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    How much are you asking? I've got a friend looking for a medium. PM me if you'd like.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I grew up here but live in Austin. I've never ridden Turkey Mountain so I brought my Yeti with me hoping to ride. It looks the rain total was inch or less last night, how quickly does Turkey Mountain dry? Could I head out there this morning and be good to go? This afternoon?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    With all the rain we got yesterday and last night Turkey will be wet for a few days. Doesn't seem to stop tons of people from riding it and tearing it up more though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    With all the rain we got yesterday and last night Turkey will be wet for a few days. Doesn't seem to stop tons of people from riding it and tearing it up more though.
    Mesonet is showing .61 inch of rain over the last 14 days, but pretty much all of that was last night. How long does it take for Turkey Mountain to recover from a half an inch of rain? Seems like it would be tacky and perfect after being so dry for a while. Anyone know if they're canceling the mountain bike festival out there this weekend?

mtbr member
    Dec 2005
    My experience isn't it doesn't take too much rain to make several spots a muddy mess. .61 seems low considering it rained all yesterday morning and most of last night. But like I said several other people will ride it so I doubt one more messes it up.

boomer
    Turkey can handle about an inch of rain a day so I bet it's pretty good; post the conditions if you do go ride.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by okie_calvin View Post
    Turkey can handle about an inch of rain a day so I bet it's pretty good; post the conditions if you do go ride.
    I'm glad I trusted my gut (and Mesonet). I got there at 11am and rode the three main loops. Conditions were near perfect all around. It was 72 degrees with a nice cool breeze. There was little to no standing water anywhere. 95% of the dirt was hero. All of the sand was completely dry. The rocks weren't slippery. A couple of areas of off-camber clay were a little slick, but required no slowing; you can clearly see the lines and if you stick to them it's no problem.

Kudos to everyone who built the trails, and maintains them. I'd love to come back and ride them with someone who can show me some the technical add ons.

mtbr member
    May 2016
    Yeah the rain actually did it some good here at Turkey. We have been out here at the Festival all day and no issues. On the Cat 3 loop for the time trial everything hooked up and there weren't the usual dust clouds. The rocky section descending into the Y was a little slick but no major issues.