• 05-10-2011
    HowMaybesGo
    truman lake mountain bike park?
    anyone know anything about it? i've heard some advertising on the radio while down at the lake but haven't gone to check it out yet. just seeing if it would be worth taking the bike down.
  • 05-13-2011
    Big Jim Mac
    You're talking about the trails at Warsaw no doubt. There's 15 miles now. Nothing is technical but it is fast and super twisty, I have a little trouble staying with the turns in a few places on my Yeti 575. The trails dry really fast though you will hit some mud in the creek bottoms as expected. Trails were built by an expert and he has plenty of "slave labor" to keep them maintained. First time I've been to a MB trail where the sign encouraged you to have fun. As a plus, Warsaw has coffee shops, great places to eat and Mac has opened a bike/skateboard/kayak shop downtown. You can camp or there's plenty of other options for overnight stays. Around town, there is lots for significant others to do and there are miles of easy bike paths for less aggressive riders. Really like what they are doing here. Here's a story I wrote last year: http://www.ruralmissouri.org/09pages...sawTrails.html
  • 05-13-2011
    RIDNMO
    Agree with Big Jim completely. Mac and his crew have done a great job creating MTB trails in this relatively new park. The trails are laid out well, with some fast, flowy sections, some tight switchbacks, and relatively minor climbs.
    Definitely worth a visit. Warsaw is a neat, little town, on Truman lake. Check in at the bike shop downtown for trail info, etc.
    They also put on several fun races during the season, with the next scheduled for early June.
    Warsaw Rocks.
  • 05-13-2011
    HowMaybesGo
    awesome! thanks for the info guys. my wife and i go down to the lake quite a bit because her parents have a place down there. nice to know that there are some fun trails down there.
  • 05-14-2011
    Big Jim Mac
    Mac says Corps wants him to develop more trails near the golf course. Plan is to make that area the back 9 in the future -- but Mac thinks if he gets some trails going they'll stay there. So maybe some techie stuff in the future.
  • 05-15-2011
    JPMFTR
    Haven't made it up yet, but some friends say it is great and some say it is average. Some like fast stuff and some like real technical stuff. Pretty obvious which is which here.
  • 05-17-2011
    Big Jim Mac
    That sums it up, great and average! Just a fun place to play.
  • 01-03-2013
    motoolfan
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Jim Mac View Post
    Mac says Corps wants him to develop more trails near the golf course. Plan is to make that area the back 9 in the future -- but Mac thinks if he gets some trails going they'll stay there. So maybe some techie stuff in the future.

I hate to resurrect this topic, sorry. I was curious to know if there has been update on this future trail? Tia
  • 01-03-2013
    Big Jim Mac
    I haven't been there in awhile but there is a lot more trail.
  • 01-04-2013
    motoolfan
    I'm through the area at least once a week, I'll have to stop by the bike shop and ask them, thanks tho.
  • 01-07-2013
    rmbspicerider
    Go to Truman Lake Bikes on facebook to keep up with the latest TLB stuff. One of my favorite places to ride.
  • 01-07-2013
    motoolfan
    Will do, thanks.