NeedGod.com

Trails near Truman Lake or Lake of the Ozarks?

I'm planning a trip down to Missouri this summer and will be staying near Truman Lake or Lake of the Ozarks. My decision on which lake to go to will depend largely on the local trails. Any recommendations?
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Near Truman there are some good trails at Warsaw. At Lake of the Ozarks the best trails are Honeyrun and Bittersweet/Horseshoe Bend...Trail of the Four Winds at the state park is popular with a lot of the locals, but it's a shared horse trail that I'm not a huge fan of. There is also Binder Lake in Jefferson City ~50 min north of LOTO.

My vote would be LOTO, but then again I live here...so I'm a little partial.

-RW

Who turned out the lights
    Warsaw trail isn't bad. Different than about anything else in MO. My only suggestion is that it really needs to be benchcut a little better (at all). It is pretty rocky, and they can be sharp. Just don't run "racerboy" thin tires and you are fine.

I prefer Honey Run, but I built a good portion of it, so I'm partial to it. It is on the south side of the lake, in the state park.

Truman is a quieter lake. Lake of the Ozarks has more amenities with Osage Beach being right there within 15 minutes +/- of the trailhead to Honey Run.

Sounds like you're coming from up north? Stop in KC on the way and ride a bit.

NeedGod.com
    Thanks for the replies. Sounds like Honey Run is #1 on my list. I've already ridden in KC and plan to ride there at least once more before this summer.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Send me a pm if you wind up in the lake area and want to go for a ride. You can also check out the Phat Tire Hillbillies and Lake Area Bicyclists on Facebook to get in touch with the local cycling scene at the lake.

-RW