mtbr member
    Aug 2010

Is there anyway to find a thread from the summer of 2012?

I am looking for a thread started in the spring/summer of 2012. It was big thread with lots of posts, someone suggested it should me made into a picture thread. I think it was called "iowa MTB thread" or "iowa thread" or "iowa trails" something like that. I used the search this forum option with the search term iowa and came up with about 15 results but they are from 2005 and 2006. Iowa would have had to come up more times than that.

In other forums, there is a long list of threads, pages long. It appears that this site is not like that. Is that true?

mtbr member
    Sep 2012
    Scroll down to the bottom of the thread list, and there will be a drop down list called "thread display options" that is likely set to "last month"...change that to "beginning" and you will see all of the threads ever posted to this forum.

I think this is the thread you are looking for: http://forums.mtbr.com/great-plains-...ls-802411.html

Probably drunk right now
    Quote Originally Posted by dstorjoh View Post
    I am looking for a thread started in the spring/summer of 2012. It was big thread with lots of posts, someone suggested it should me made into a picture thread. I think it was called "iowa MTB thread" or "iowa thread" or "iowa trails" something like that. I used the search this forum option with the search term iowa and came up with about 15 results but they are from 2005 and 2006. Iowa would have had to come up more times than that.

In other forums, there is a long list of threads, pages long. It appears that this site is not like that. Is that true?

google.
    JPark - 3.5- don't listen to dremer

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken in KC View Post
    google.
    Pretty much. Use a search string like...

"site:forums.mtbr.com/great-plains-mo-ok-ks-ne-ia-sd-nd iowa"

the [site:] part lets it know to only show results from the site you put after the colon

the [forums.mtbr.com/great-plains-mo-ok-ks-ne-ia-sd-nd] is the URL for the subforum we're in right now. If you wanted to search the entire forum you could just use [forums.mtbr.com]

and of course [iowa] was the term you wanted to search for.

If you use that and set the date range in the search tools for jan 2012 to dec 2012 and you'll get results like this...

https://www.google.com/search?q=site...max%3Adec+2012