mtbr member

Swope Park in KC!!

Cheers to trail builders/maintainers!

Rode Rancho D-Lux on the 18th of Nov and had a blast!

Super clean single track with plenty of jumps and technical stuff. Not too hard but not too boring! Smack dab in the middle of the metro and choose this place over many other trails!

Love it!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

mtbr member
    Cool is it on the Trails Tab? If it is give it a review.
    Last edited by rynoman03; 11-27-2012 at 09:06 AM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Cool! I'll have to go ride this soon. Too much SMP riding for me this fall.

NeedGod.com
    Better than Landahl? I went to Landahl twice over the last weekend while I was down there. If Swope is worth the trip, I'll take a look.
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Every bit as good as Landahl for sure. Definitely worth the trip. Ride them both!

They are close enough that you shouldn't have to choose one over another. I ride them both all of the time. I would hate to have to pick only one of them.

NeedGod.com
    Where's the best place to access Swope trails?
    Nathan

mtbr member
    Cool! I'll have to go ride this soon. Too much SMP riding for me this fall.

SMP was always my go to on account of its proximity to my jobs, but the roots and rocks are killing. I don't mind techy rocks and such, but SMP beats me up! Especially when I'm rocking a 5 yo HT!

Better than Landahl? I went to Landahl twice over the last weekend while I was down there. If Swope is worth the trip, I'll take a look.

Never been, but I hear great things!! I'm in NE JoCo, so Swope is super close! It's in my future ride plans to ride Landahl, just need the time!
    Swope is def worth the trick

Where's the best place to access Swope trails?

The only access I know of is at the parking at the bottom of the hill at the entrance to "Camp Lake of the Woods"
    If you come in on Gregory from the west you just follow the signs.
    www.swopetrails.com is a great site for info!!
    www.getbusylivin.org
    http://www.prairiefireapparel.com

Guardian 2.0
    Redline Monocog Flight 29er SS (for now)

Who turned out the lights
    Also check the forums at www.eartheriders.com. I has a listing for every trail in the KC area.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    Swope is definitely worth the trip. Make sure to ride more than just the Rancho D-Lux trail though. There's some really nice technical sections to be found on Woodchuck Run, and if you can make it out this next spring, there should be a nice extension open on the east side of Woodchuck with an awesome new playground area and plenty of cool new trail to check out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by mesome View Post
    Swope is definitely worth the trip. Make sure to ride more than just the Rancho D-Lux trail though. There's some really nice technical sections to be found on Woodchuck Run, and if you can make it out this next spring, there should be a nice extension open on the east side of Woodchuck with an awesome new playground area and plenty of cool new trail to check out.
    I agree its definitely worth the trip after you get past that first leg-burner! Fun rock crawly stuff mixed with fast twisty jumpy tracks. Good times!

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Barheet View Post
    Landahl and Swope were designed and built by the same guys. Similar but different.