Scallywag
    Jul 2009

Pissed of hunters with guns! - Ark City

I have ridden Horizen Park in Arkansas City a few times and told my buddy to ride it while he was down there visiting family, it's a fun trail. He called me afterward and said he was chased out by 2 angry hunters, screaming that he was on hunting ground... Is that true?

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Hmmm...Lyle's loop is technically private property, but the rest is all owned by Camp Horizon...Let me talk to Bobby and see if he's heard anything about this.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Talked to Bobby. If you're on Camp Horizon property (which is the whole trail except for where you go over the cattle guards), you have as much right to be there as anyone else. In fact, Camp Horizon doesn't permit hunting, so you have the right to ride whereas they don't have the right to hunt there. However, the 2 miles of trail called Lyle's Loop, which is where you go over and back across the cattle guards, is private property. In any case, it's best to ride wearing bright clothing during the middle of the day or at night with lights just to keep from being mistaken for a buck.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    He said it was by the old cement factory or whatever that is? I'm not familiar enough with the trails. Hunter and Son.

mtbr member
    Sep 2010
    Yeah that's Camp Horizon property, so they shouldn't have been there.