mtbr member

Oklahoma / Tulsa bike rentals/trails?

I have to fly in to Oklahoma City early may for 3 to 4 days. would like to do some riding and not ship my bikes. used the resources on mtbr and figure oc, tulsa and ft sill have the best riding for the area. .was wondering if anyone had any advice on where to rent a higher end mtb, not much options via the internet. and shipping from canada is 210 taxes in per bike each way, and theres two of us .

Intermediate to advanced riders.
    would like what ever bikes are best for the area? ie trail 5 inch, 29er hardtail etc
    Any must do trails in the area?

this will be 5 minute work, 4 day riding excursion.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.

trail guides or personal bike rentals could be exchanged for cash and beer or naked pics of my wife, i dont think she will mind
    If I wanted to objectify a women I'd do it on my terms not theirs.

mtbr member
    You can try Schlegel Bicycles in OKC Rent Schlegel Bicycles

You don't need bikes with much travel here. I personally ride a 29er hardtail with 100mm travel. IMO, Bluff Creek and Draper Lake are the best trails to ride in the OKC area. Bluff Creek is about a 4 mile loop, and Draper is about 10 miles total, with various loops, which done correctly, can be linked together. There's also Lake Thunderbird down in Norman. I'd say it's a tougher than the previous trails. Trail guides aren't really necessary since it's nearly impossible to get lost. Most trails don't stray too far from the parking lot. Except for the Gold Loop on Lake Thunderbird. That loop gets a little nuts.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    If your in Tulsa look up hammerhead bikes or toms bikes and you will want to ride turkey. Prob one of the best places to ride in ok also you might check out lake thunderbird just outside of Norman and there's some good trails at keystone also.

Tulsa
    Toms bicycles rents, it's near 71st and riverside, right across the river from there is the aforementioned Turkey Mountain, there's tech there and some intermediate singletrack, many miles of it both in marked trails and spiderwebs of trails connecting trails .
    wherever you go, there you are

mtbr member
    I'm headed out to Tulsa this week and plan on renting from Tom's and riding Turkey. I work in Tulsa a few times/year and can't believe I haven't done this before.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

bicycle bicycle bicycle
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperJETT View Post
    I'm headed out to Tulsa this week and plan on renting from Tom's and riding Turkey. I work in Tulsa a few times/year and can't believe I haven't done this before.
    Hey there SuperJETT,
    Did you make it out to Turkey? I'm going to be in Tulsa next week for work and thinking about getting a ride in. It would be interesting to get some feedback.

Peace

mtbr member
    I ended up not having enough time due to work which was in Pryor, about 45 minutes east of Tulsa.
    KHS
    Motobecane
    Fisher
    Kona

bicycle bicycle bicycle
    Thanks for the quick reply SuperJETT.

Anyone local have an update on the trail status? Has there been much rain up in that area over the last week?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    I'm in muskogee. Trails are in good shape around here.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Turkey Mt.

I've ridden turkey mountain every day this week and was just there again tonight. We haven't had any rain and the trails are dry and a lot of loose dirt in some places. It's also about 100 degrees most of the day. But the trails are good.

bicycle bicycle bicycle
    Thanks markch.

Looks like I will be working all day Thursday so I will probably ride Wednesday afternoon or Friday morning. Looking forward to some new trails.

Is it ok to night ride out there? I was planning on bringing my lights just in case.

Peace

mtbr member
    Jul 2012

Turkey Mt.

I think some people do some nighttime riding out there, but I never have. I'm a newbie, and the trails aren't all marked very well, so I'd be afraid of getting lost. It sounds kinda fun though. I might have to give it a try sometime after I learn those trails better.