Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
    Combat Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by jpatt28 View Post
    Last race tomorrow in Stillwater. Who's going?? I'll be there to race for my second time and of course win my new bike!
    I'll be there helping with the TDD setup.

That is one sweet bike and I would love to throw down some cash and buy several tickets, but I think it raise a few eyebrows if I won it.

mtbr member
    Hey Brian can you pm me directions. I know how to get to Stillwater but am unsure where to go from there. Thanks

mtbr member
    I'll be there. And jpatt28, I already called dibs on that bike...
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

Combat Wombat
    Was asked about directions to the race in Stillwater, so I thought I would post this for everyone.

Event Flyer

McMurtry Madness

Directions

OEF | Oklahoma Earthbike Fellowship | Trails | McMurtry Lake (West Loops)

The race is on the east side. Scroll down to the bottom of the map page and you can enter a starting point and get directions. Once you have the "driving directions", click on the "view larger map"

See you all up there.

mtbr member
    Thanks Brian. Giving myself an hour and half to get up there.

mtbr member
    Had a great time today at the last race. Probably needed to ride it before I raced it but oh well.
    Looking forward to starting the next series already as I just got into this sport. I will definitely be looking forward to more work with OEF and trail rides.

mtbr member
    Jun 2011
    My little sis won the Women's Cat 3 19-39 class today. Shame I was at work all day. I'll be riding turkey mountain tomorrow morning for my only day off this week though so that should make up for it.

Combat Wombat
    This Wednesday evening starts the beginning of our weekly "Draper Wednesday in the Woods" night ride. We will be meeting in the parking lot and hitting the trail sometime around 6:00pm. Casual, no-drop ride ride with the pace depending on who shows and how energetic we feel.

If you do not have lights and would like to give it a try, let me know and you can borrow my bar mount light.

Look for my green Nissan Frontier truck and orange Vassago single speed in the parking lot.

Brian

mtbr member
    Put a couple rides on your calendars:

Tom's Turkey Day Ride, Nov 22, 8:00 am. Why do a lame-o 5K turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning when you could ride at Draper? There will be a road ride for those so inclined and a lap (or two) around the trails for the mtb crowd.

Winter Solstice Ride, Dec 21, 7:00 pm. Celebrate the Winter Solstice with a night ride. It's great fun to see a long line of lights snaking through the trees. Mead and revelry, pagan-style, will follow.

Both rides will be cool for all skillz levels. Come on out.

Combat Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by dmboarder View Post

Tom's Turkey Day Ride, Nov 22, 8:00 am. Why do a lame-o 5K turkey trot on Thanksgiving morning when you could ride at Draper? There will be a road ride for those so inclined and a lap (or two) around the trails for the mtb crowd.

Winter Solstice Ride, Dec 21, 7:00 pm. Celebrate the Winter Solstice with a night ride. It's great fun to see a long line of lights snaking through the trees. Mead and revelry, pagan-style, will follow.

Sounds like a great time! I am usually out of town on Turkey Day, but will definitely make plans for the Winter Solstice Ride.

Would you mind if I mention this ride over on the OEF forum?

Brian

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by dmboarder View Post

I'll be at Tom's Turkey Day Ride, but won't be able to make the Winter Solstice Ride since I have no lights.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    Get Some Lights!! hehe

Yes, definitely mention it over there. I put it on the Tour De Dirt FB page, too.

Combat Wombat

Bluff Creek Wednesday in the Woods.

We are going to mix it up a little and until further notice, move the Wednesday evening ride to Bluff Creek. I am not sure how long it will take me to get from where I work on HW9 to Bluff with the evening traffic, but we will go ahead and still shoot for meeting in the parking lot at 6:00pm. Also if anyone else would like to make the ride and needs a little more time, give me a heads up and we can work something out.

Everyone is welcome and this is a no drop ride. No race training laps here.

Hope to see you there,
    Brian

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Good morning,

From the look of things, my work is going to take me out from Cali to OKC from March to September. No idea yet if I'll have the opportunity to take a mountain bike but hopefully I'll find a way to make it happen.

I'm pretty badly out-of-shape after juggling work and law school for four years and don't have much in the way of technical skills, so mostly I'm looking for trails or fireroads that feature a big workout (say, minimum 1 hour / max 5 hours) as opposed to techy stuff.

Could you give me a recommendation a good place to pick up reading on the trails? Are any of them plotted on OpenCycleMap or AccuTerra?

Thanks kindly.

mtbr member
    Draper. It's not technical at all and you can do however many laps you need to to get the workout.

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Draper and Bluff Creek will be a great place to start and then once you get your legs conditioned and need some more technical stuff go hit up Clear Bay out at Thunder Bird Lake in Norman, OK.

Feel free to keep everyone posted when you get here and we can help you find some group rides.

hope this helps,
    Josh

Combat Wombat
    xxx

Combat Wombat
    OK...Let's see if I can get this right this time. We will be doing the usual Wednesday evening ride at Draper this week. At the request of riders last week, this week we are going to run it backwards. If you have never done this, it makes for an entirely new trail. We will head out about 6:00 pm, however since it is getting to where there is still some light left at this time of day, we will start off by first cutting over to the yellow and running it in the normal direction. By the time we finish this loop and roll out on the south easement, it should be dark enough that we do not have to worry about running into other riders without lights. We can then cut back east and ride into the green exit. This will be a casual pace, no-drop ride and everyone is welcome to join us.

Hope to see you there.

mtbr member
    guys mind doing a bit of a techno rain dance so clearbay gets a nice soak before uno mas

kthx

mtbr member
    Jun 2013
    Hello OKC riders! I just moved into town. After inquiring with several people about the mountain biking scene in town, I had almost lost hope of doing much riding here (of course they were not riders themselves). I am very happy to find this thread, and look forward to exploring these trails. If anyone is planning on riding late afternoons, or this weekend, shoot me an email. I would love to tag along. I hail from TX, and have done most of my riding in San Antonio and Austin. I like technical or fast, but at this point I just want to get out there and ride! Thanks

mtbr member
    Come to draper lake mtb trails tonight at 7pm and join us on our free crit races.
    Yeti SB-66 Carbon

mtbr member
    Jun 2012

Are you riding this year?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianU View Post
    This Wednesday evening starts the beginning of our weekly "Draper Wednesday in the Woods" night ride. We will be meeting in the parking lot and hitting the trail sometime around 6:00pm. Casual, no-drop ride ride with the pace depending on who shows and how energetic we feel.

If you do not have lights and would like to give it a try, let me know and you can borrow my bar mount light.

Look for my green Nissan Frontier truck and orange Vassago single speed in the parking lot.

Brian

Is anyone riding nights still?

Combat Wombat
    Quote Originally Posted by Yukon29&single View Post
    Is anyone riding nights still?
    I will not be out there tonight due to personal business I have to take care of, but plan to be out there next week. I post the ride up on the OEF forum, okearthbike.com

Brian

mtbr member
    Monday at Draper is the Bike One ride.
    Tuesday at Draper is the Tuesday Night Draper ride (original, huh?)
    Thursday at Tbird is the (wait for it) Thursday Night Tbird ride.

Get some lights and come on out.

Also, Thanksgiving morning is this year's Tom's Turkey Day ride at Draper, while the Winter Solstice ride is December 21. Last year we had over 50 people at the WS ride and it was really cool.

mtbr member
    Well found out a few days ago, that I have orders to Tinker AFB. So, the family & I will be moving to OKC April/May of 2014. I sure hope the biking there is decent... My family is currently in Las Vegas, and I'm in South Korea finishing up my short tour....
    Rigs:
    Specialized Rockhopper HT
    Trek 6500 HT
    Trek 3700 Disc HT (The son's)

Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast