mtbr member

Mickelson question about Rochford- any place to eat?

I am taking a couple of new riders for a ride on the Mickelson this weekend and I am trying to rough up a plan.

Does anybody know if there is a place that is open in Rochford where we can stop and buy some lunch?

I have ridden past the town dozens of times, and have heard that there is a place to eat there, but I have never stopped before other than for breakfast when riding the Big Mick.
    I'm not very smart, but I can lift heavy things

mtbr member
    The Moonshine Gulch is a must! Now, don't go there expecting gourmet food, but for a bit of grub and a step back in time, you gotta go there...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Mickelson question about Rochford- any place to eat?-moonshinegulchsaloon.jpg  

mtbr member
    Thanks Team Fubar. I am pretty sure I recognize that place.

I figured what ever was there was probably seasonal and I was hoping they were open.

Thanks again.

mtbr member
    If you ride into Rochford from the trailhead, you'll be riding right up the road directly towards the Moonshine.

mtbr member
    Update on the Moonshine Gulch.

We did the ride yesterday (May 12th) and the Moonshine Gulch was not open. I didn't see any signs on the front of the building that indicated when they open. I have to believe it would be pretty soon. At least before Memorial Day.

We ended up eating a couple of frozen pizzas at the Small Mall. Very nice lady there and the pizzas really weren't bad.