Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

lurking neb riders?/ Potters fall campout??

Has everyone in Nebraska been ridin' so much there has been no posting??? I have been getting in as much as I can . The family and I did a trip to CO. & Wyo. for some great rides. Hope ya all had a busy summer with a ton of single track miles.
    CQUIG
    Last edited by cquigdownunder; 10-07-2007 at 06:40 PM.

mtbr member
    ok so I guess theres no one here huh. I will let ya all know that the annual fall campout/party/ride at Potters is the 12 thru the 14th and if ya want to head out and ride with the other people that go every year you are more than welcome !! so thanks for all the replies and such !!
    cya
    cquig

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    now this sounds like fun. if ya might allow some iowa folks to join in, id like to hear some details.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    these links are from last years stuff but it should be of some help.
    Potters Pasture Spring Gathering
    Potters Pasture

just got a call from a rider on his way out from omaha. meeting up at 8 with some others to ride tomorrow!!
    cquig

kick ass. ill try to put together a plan. it the area dog friendly? ive got 2 who love to ride.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    as long as the dogs dont chase cows!! the rancher dont like the cows to be chase by the dogs. we were hopin the cows would be gone by now but they are not . all we have fir rules is to take all your garbage out with you,close the gate to keep the cows in and have fun. youre welcome to camp and ride any time.
    cquig

so far all they do with cows is bark from the car window. odus will loose intrest as soon as he gets out but layla's a cattle dog so i may have to keep a eye on her or leave em home.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    sounds cool cactus!! at the spring gathering in april we had some riders from kansas and then on sunday a fella from indiana drove up!! its kinda nice to have some new people show the area. i dont know what kind of turn out we will have from the local crowd this fall as i havent seen most of them since spring. they tend to turn into roadies during the summer months and then its just me and a few other dirt lovers out there .
    cquig
    Last edited by cquigdownunder; 10-08-2007 at 05:03 AM.

what kinda terain are we talkin bout here? xc hardtail, xc-ish med travel or big travel am type stuff?
    No, I'm NOT back!

Spooooon!
    Everybody rides something a little different. Everything from rigid SS 29ers to 5" travel FS. Most folks seem to do just fine on a XC hardtail. Here are some more pics just for fun . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Hair , I was wonderin when you would chime in!! XC hardtail or XC FS would be fine. The drops that are out there for the extreme stuff havent been tested as of yet.
    CQuig

25-yr old Retrogrouch
    Oct 2007
    That looks like fun! I grew up in Lincoln and used to ride at Wilderness park. I also raced a few times in the Cornhusker State games-but that was almost 10 years ago...

mtbr member
    Hi all,

Just got back into riding after quite a few years. I've been riding Wilderness quite a bit lately, twice this week in fact.

I would love to make it over to L & C, Swanson and Potters Pasture next spring.

Let me know if you hear of any organized rides in the area.

Thanks,

Rob

RJR
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Turkey day ride...

Hey, y'all. I'm thinking of a Turkey Day morning ride at Potter's. Have to get out early as I've got lunch at the in-laws...but a couple hours of saddle time will justify the gluttony to follow. Anyone else?

RJ

mtbr member
    RJR , if I can kick the pnumonia I have been fightin for the last 2 weeks I am in !! I am not sure what the rest of the Goth crew are up to but a few have mention they will be around and ready to ride. Hope the weather holds . We have got ALL the trails that needed mowed and other work done so its in great shape.
    CQ

Spooooon!
    I'm good for a turkey ride as long as it's early enough that I can be in Kearney by 1:00.

mtbr member
    Dang... I know I can't make it out there; I'm in Lincoln and it is too far for me to buzz out there and back in one day. I also have realatives invading from all over the country at my house.

Good luck with the ride and Happy Thanksgiving!

Rob

mtbr member
    just got an email from Dan in omaha and hes headin out for turkey day in N.p. so hes wantin to ride.
    CQ

mtbr member
    Dec 2004
    You can ride Kearney's Prairie Trail. We have it all mowed except for about 50 yrds but the trail is still visible in those areas. I would ride with you but i have to work.

RJR
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Plan??

Okay, so maybe some takers on a Turkey Day ride? What's the plan? I'm not thinking anything epic...have lunch in Gburg anyway so can't make it too long. I'm the out-of-towner...you locals tell us whassup...

mtbr member
    RJR , I have been tryin to nail down the others and have had no success!! I am feelin 100% better !! I just dont know how the lungs are gonna be but I will ride. I will mett ya out there around 8:30 . That should give us enough time to do a decent loop!!
    CQ

mtbr member
    Its SNOWING out here !!!!!!!!!! The moisture is need but I wish it would have waited !!
    CQ

RJR
    mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Probably not a great idea then?

I went out for an hour spin at Branched Oak this morning. The snow here had gummed things up pretty good. I'm betting with that soil content at the Pasture that any moisture would creat a mud pit. What do you think?

RJR

mtbr member
    it usually is ridable fairly quik. severe dryness out here so the only way to tell is to head out and see. I would bet it will be fine.
    CQ

mtbr member
    8:30 at Potters see ya there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    CQ

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast