Job Title: Lead Bike Mechanic
Status: Full time
Melonbike is looking for a Lead Bicycle Mechanic. This Mechanic position requires a minimum of 2+ years experience in a professional bicycle service department, with excellent diagnostic and productive mechanical skills. Strong sales and customer service orientation is a must as well as the ability to work in a busy, fast-paced environment. Mechanic must be proficient in repairing new as well as older and vintage bicycles to the highest standard.
This is not an entry-level position. We are seeking an experienced mechanic who can multi-task and handle a wide range of bike service and sales.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Interface with the customer to assess service needs
• Inspect, repair, and service customers' bicycles
• Assist in generating bike and accessory sales
• Complete accurate work order paperwork and prioritize work orders in an expedient manner
• Serve as a knowledgeable resource to customers
• Demonstrate a professional standard of customer service
• Remain current on industry products and trends, and demonstrate knowledge of products
• Protect company assets through loss prevention techniques
• Communicate with store management to achieve a seamless customer experience and maximize profitability
• Restock inventory
• Represent the shop at local bike events
• Minimum of 2 year bike mechanic experience in a retail store - required
• Technical service: Basic tune-ups to complete overhauls
• Knowledge of all bike tools - required
• Assist in day-to-day operations of the shop
• Has unrivaled patience and troubleshooting skills.
• Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery - required
• Passion for cycling / bicycles
• Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box to a safe, ride ready bike - required
• Ability to stand and move in an active, team-oriented environment for extended periods - required
• Ability to communicate fluently with co-workers and guests in accurate spoken and written English - required
• Basic computer skills
• Commitment to exceptional customer service
• Ability to work a flexible schedule; including nights, holidays and weekends - required
• LightSpeed Cloud POS experience preferred.
• Able to fit customers to all types of bikes
• An enthusiastic, friendly, positive attitude and ability to maintain patience under pressure at all times
The ideal candidate will have an interest in cycling, knowledge of bicycles, excellent communication skills, basic computer skills, and a positive attitude. Bike shop experience is a must!
This is a full time position, available immediately. As this is a retail operation applicants MUST be available evenings and weekends.
Pay will be hourly based on experience starting at $10 an hour plus commission, which easily can average to $15 an hour.
Please indicate Bike Mechanic in the subject line.
Please send your resume and three business references.
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Check out the hottest mountain bike products from these brands!
See All Interbike Coverage - Click Here »