Thread: long trip...OT?

mtbr member

long trip...OT?

Hey all...

Thinking about doing a 3-4 day long trip on the Ozark Trail via MTB...I have been on pieces of the trail near Berryman/Courtious (sp?)...which was great...and I have also been on the portion near West Plains...which was NOT so great.

My question is this: There is a trail planner on OzarkTrail.com with a route from basically Huzzah CA to Logan Creek...105 miles in all...is the trail worth the riding and the effort? I have heard of people getting lost on the trail because it 'disappears', and I certainly don't want to get 50 miles from start and get lost.

Thanks!
    experience life

Trek RSS, GT Force FS, Diamondback Podium (Commuter)

www.atheistphilbiz.blogspot.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Try posting this at stlbiking.com, it is a local forum based n St Louis MO you are likely to get a bigger response.

Who is John Galt?
    If memory serves me, you can't ride the Courtois section until you get to the Narrows Trailhead. That is some nice trail though, and Berryman section has been extensively reworked. Something I always wanted to do is ride from Berryman to Council Bluff. It would take a couple of cars, but you could spot one at Berryman and one at Council Bluff. Ride Berryman (24 miles), camp out. Next day ride to CB (35 miles) camp out there -- they have showers -- ride CB (14 miles) or get some Middle Fork action.

Got to say though I rode from Berryman south heading for Hazel Creek once. Didn't quite make it to Hazel Creek, did something like 30 miles out and back. It was relentless up and downs. Some incredible scenery and sweet trail, but also some tough to ride eroded sections. Highly recommend getting some OT action, anywhere you are allowed to ride is really sweet. Do it early before the poison ivy gets a good start.

I built a bike last summer to try bike packing on the OT. Never got a chance to try it last summer but am pumped for it this year.
    What, me hurry?