Thread: Lawton

Real Men Cope

Lawton

Anyone riding the 12 miles of hell course yet? is it visable? Just curious. What about Medicine Park? I used to ride with a group that had a nice little network or trails around the town and the backside of the lake that butts up aginst the wildlife refuge thing. My buddy is headed back to Wichita Falls in Jan and wanted to point him out that way to get his lazy ass in shape.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004

Send him up this way.

I work out at the Wildlife Refuge, several of us on the fire crew bike in the area. When your buddy gets in the area have him stop by the refuge during the week and find us. Also one of the local shops has a good feel for the local trails. If he is headed to W. Falls there is a nice little trail right off the parking lot of one of their shops too. Let me know and I can find numbers and such.
    Richard

Real Men Cope
    Quote Originally Posted by rsbaker63
    I work out at the Wildlife Refuge, several of us on the fire crew bike in the area. When your buddy gets in the area have him stop by the refuge during the week and find us. Also one of the local shops has a good feel for the local trails. If he is headed to W. Falls there is a nice little trail right off the parking lot of one of their shops too. Let me know and I can find numbers and such.
    Richard
    Thanks I'll let him know. We have both ridden the Wichita Trail it's almost better than nothing. And Bar H is nice. But when the 12 miles of hell course is packed and the weather is cooler it's a great trail. Love the loose rock!