Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    mtbr member
    What tires did you get again?

Also I might see about riding D Wood on Thurs if the weather is decent. 33* predicted right now so probably not! I'm really itching to get some saddle time on my new ride! I'm going to be out of town from Friday till Sunday and I have no room to haul the bike

I hope the Dr. gives you a clean bill of health jak! We need to do some more riding!

mtbr member
    Got some Kenda K-849 knobbys. 700X40 to replace some X38 multi-surface. Noisier than all get out on the pavement but they do the job in the dirt.

Weather people all over the map on this winter storm, so I guess it will be a wait and see.

I'm off to the dr office. Ought to take them on a bike ride with me and then let them tell me about my health.

See everyone around.

mtbr member
    I'm good to go.

Going to run the crosstrails to the shop now and see about ordering a right hand shifter for the StumpJumper.

Time to catch up.

mtbr member
    Yahoo! Glad you got a good bill of health! I rode Shunga a little bit this morning. Man that new bike cuts into the corners!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Glad to hear about the Doc's word, slakjak. Also glad you found the fork to avoid the sandpit.

I only went out a bit past 53rd. The crew was only out for a small, quick ride. The noob was FLYING, and made it hard for the oldsters to keep up w/ him.

I always ride first snow, so if it snows, I'll be out in it even if I have to wake up to do it. I'll go before I go to work if I have to.

mtbr member
    I want to ride first snow as well! Never rode in the snow.

I really wish I would have taken tomorrow off! I really want to put in a good ride!

mtbr member
    I've ridden in the snow before but I can't remember any pleasure in it. Maybe the key is fresh snow. I've ridden to work in snow and gotten trapped in the car tracks through it and unable to get out without slipping. I might wait and see how much fun you guys have before I venture out in it. That reminds me, better go dig the snow shovel out.

Got the crosstrail serviced and a shifter ordered for the SJ. Daughter talked me into running the Governor's trail tonight to avoid the weather tomorrow night. Ran out of doctor's excuses so I guess I better go. Rather be rolling than running.

See ya'll around. Come to think of it, when I was shopping for knobbys, I did notice that they had studded bike tires. That's serious stuff.

mtbr member
    Let us know how the ride was! I really wish I didn't have to work today or tomorrow. I'd rather be riding my new steed!

mtbr member
    Anyone know what the name of the Trail in Lawrence right off 10hwy & Iowa is? It runs right along a creek and I think it ends up at Clinton. It looks nice and paved and what not. I've seen folks park at that Movie Theater and hop on that trail a few times.

mtbr member
    You have the Clinton Parkway Trail and the South Lawrence Trafficway Trail in that area. Expost probably knows which is which.

Run no fun tonight. Not many Christmas lights for a Governor's Mansion.

mtbr member
    The one i'm talking about is probably the South Lawrence Trafficway Trail

mtbr member
    Me thinks you are right. Hugs 10 from 59 and merges with the Clinton Parkway Trail and those continue all the way up to 70. South listed as 9.2mi and Clinton at 8.6mi.

I sure used a lot of numbers, someone should have snapped me a football.

mtbr member
    Go long jak!

mtbr member
    Anyone riding in the snow tomorrow?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Fresh snow is key. I've ridden mid-day snow lots of times, but you have to get off the street to ride it. We used to ride LRT at night (c. '89-'91), from like 2am to 4am. When there's snow and a biggish moon you almost don't need lights, esp after 30 min out there. I ride downtown mostly in the alleys at night. I ride Landon during the day, or I ride over the river and take the levy either East or West. You'd be surprised how much traffic those things get when you can see who and what have been walking on it.

Before the expanded that paved trail from the theaters to Clinton, and when we lived there, I used to ride and rollerblade it w/ my daughter. It was near our house. Great memories there, but if you're making the trip, you might as well ride Clinton or LRT. I'd sugges LRT 'most every time when those are the choices. If you're going to be in and out, and if you want technical (think the Govs w/ rocks), go Clinton. If you want to hit FSB or grab a slice (@Johnnie's/Rudy's/Papa Keno's), you'd be best to go to LRT. Before we moved here we lived right by Lied Ctr, and there were all sorts of little trails around there. Nothing big, but kind of fun when you wanted to cut through from 23rd to 15th, which was how we'd come home from the theaters out on the South end of Iowa.

If it snows, and school's cancelled, I'M riding. I'm not even changing tires. I'm just going to be frustrated w/ the slipping if we go to the trail. We can take Landon/Shunga out East and around to catch Wittenberg, and backdoor into Dornwood and ride some of that then bring it on back home; West on 25th to Landon, to my house. If school isn't cancelled (I'm giving finals), bundle up boys and girls, but enjoy it without me.

mtbr member
    Gimme a call if schools cancelled! For real! I'll bundle up and ride with ya! I have snow pants!

Change Tirez eh? You got studded tires? I might have to switch my pedals to flats so I can wear the boots!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I'll call you. I didn't think it was going to snow but the sleet is coming down pretty well. I won't ride that if that's how it's gonna go.

I will switch over to flats if I go. Not studded tires. Reg tires work fine if you don't act crazy w the bike. I don't plan to. I laid it down in the state parking lot by the Capitol once during a first snow/ midnight ride. I've been sore from wrecks but that was another level. So then I keep it pretty sane.

mtbr member
    Looked at WIBW you're still goin to work so far. It's blowing outside like an SOB! Terrible wind and drifting I imagine. Gotta go shovel a path for the wife down the drive...Yay Me!

mtbr member
    I'm still waiting for you fellows to tell me you had fun.

I figured fresh snow would have to be a key. The snowy midnight ride sounds fun but I'm thinking of a drop off on the left side of the trail on the inbound run that would certainly be on my mind.

Sidewalk and driveway shoveled pretty easily. Light dry snow on a ice base. 1st Street looks like a frozen stream. Kid up the street fell flat on his bike convincing me that I might opt out.

So, if it's not too wet Sunday a.m., will do my usual at the Mansion. Monday will be Perry or LRT depending on the weather.

It would be tempting to put studded tires on my Husky. It's the bike I ride to work when the weather is bad. Of course, I would have tires worth more than the rest of the bike.

Last day before the world ends and I have to shovel snow and the grandkid's school got snowed out. Guess I should have had my fun yesterday.

mtbr member
    I drove down by Shunga and it's all shoveled off. However some of the roads to there are kinda icy I'd rather not bust my rear!

Expo kinda wants to ride after he gets back from KC this evening.

mtbr member
    Anyone rode Kill Creek in DeSoto?

Kill Creek Kansas Trail Reviews

It looks pretty fun!

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    I've only heard good things about it. When it warms some, might as well hit it, no?

This "Landon" thread has served us well. We're talking about riding; now if the weather would just cooperate.

mtbr member
    Actually, the weather has worked out for me. I had a setback and can't run, ride, or lift until Monday so haven't been tortured by nice weather so far. Today won't be bad and Sunday won't be bad but next week looks like January. Waiting for parts for the SJ anyway.

Really want to get back out to Lawrence.

mtbr member
    I really wanna get out there and ride too. My fork took a crap and I got a new headset and new fork to be installed yet. Waiting on the fork via FedEx.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Maybe we can slap that fork on, strap the bike to the Bones, fill the Classic w/ h2o, and hit LRT.

>>>tweeeeet<<< gonna have to cut that steerer before you ride.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast