MTB Fanatic

Landahl Mountain Bike Park

Took a trip to Blue Springs, MO for a new trail. Tried the Landahl Mountain Bike Park just NE of Blue Springs and was not disappointed. This place is huge with tons of singletrack. Though it wasn't as hilly as I'm used to, there were a ton of rocks everywhere. Lots of short drops and some pretty gnarly rock gardens. Took my first OTB spill (on my new Guardian) on a steep dip with a big rock at the bottom. I've not had too much experience with all the rocks, so it was a challenge, but well worth the trip! Spent about 5 hours here since the weather was perfect.

MTB Fanatic
    Forgot about these shots. Found a pretty cool "trench" rock formation that was part of the trail.

such member
    Thanks for posting.I really do need to start traveling up that way more often.Looks to be about 3 hours drive for me.Do you think It'd be worth the drive?

MTB Fanatic
    It was 3.5 hours for me, but I have family nearby that I stayed with. All the advanced trails have a lot of rock, so they aren't fast trails. There are a few fast trails, and there's a little bit of everything. I really enjoyed it. There's also a short downhill trail with some huge jumps. Obviously, since I rode it for 5 hours I had a great time and would say it is worth the trip.

Check out the trail map: http://www.earthriders.com/trails/LANDAHLMAP.pdf

such member
    Looks a lot better than what I've got locally.I've got a friend I need to visit in Topeka,so it would only be another hour or so from there.To be honest,I need to check a few spots that are a little closer as well.

2006 Yeti AS-X
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornfield View Post
    Thanks for posting.I really do need to start traveling up that way more often.Looks to be about 3 hours drive for me.Do you think It'd be worth the drive?
    Yes! Landahl is a fun trail and also would recommend Lawrence River Trail about 30 minutes west on I70 in Lawrence, KS - a roller coaster on a bike - think fast and flowy!
    I don't use Strava. Don't need an application to tell me I am slow because I already know.

mtbr member

Who turned out the lights
    If you're going to Toepicker, you could also ride Clinton Lake (SW corner of Lawrence), Perry Lake (just north of Lawrence) and the Lawrence River Trails (east side of Lawrence). Perry and Clinton each have about 20 miles I believe. Clinton is a little more difficult, with more rock.

Landahl is definitely worth the trip though. We have quite a bit of trail and a lot of variety. You could also ride Swope Park and Blue River Parkway while you're there and make a good weekend out of it. Jump on the Earthriders forum linked above for some more info or to ask some questions. We might even find someone to guide you around.

such member
    Thanks for the info! I'm defiantly going to head that way soon,maybe even this weekend.I hope the recent rain has helped.Landahl looks a little dry in the pictures Barheet posted.Clinton might be where I'll end up tho,as it is much closer to where I'd be staying,sounds like what I'm craving

mtbr member
    Keep an eye on the KC weather before you commit. We're in a serious drought, but even so, our soil is mostly clay, which doesn't drain well, so it doesn't take much rain to make the trails unrideable.

There's rain in the forecast for this weekend, but it's still a ways out to say for sure what'll happen. Depends somewhat on what Hurricane Isaac decides to do over the next few days.

MTB Fanatic
    I forgot to mention that I challenge anyone to ride the road leading to the park. That thing is scary. It's Argo road. If you take hwy 7 north through Blue Springs (or north of I-70) you'll come to it. I think if you took one of those hills faster than 35, you'd go airborne in your car. Crazy stuff. I suppose you could just skip the park and ride the road leading to the park for cheap thrills.

mtbr member
    Nov 2012
    We are fortunate to have such great trails nearby! Tasty Goodness is most excellent and Dave's Maze is a blast going downhill (but still fun going up). If you are coming in from out of town hit Landahl on day one and Swope on day two!

mtbr member
    Thanks for the info, will be hitting it up this spring or earlier!

mtbr member
    It's on my list now. Thanks.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    Perry > Clinton

mtbr member
    Definitely gonna try to ride this trail this spring or summer.

Is this Eundro'ing?
    I've been to Landahl once. 5.5 hour drive. Would go again at the drop of a hat. Absolutely love the trails.
    2013 Lenz PunkAss Lunchbox -- One of a Kind
    2013 Salsa Mukluk
    2011 Niner MCR 9

mtbr member
    Wow it must be pretty nice!