mtbr member

Lake Bixhoma (South East of Tulsa OK, NE Oklahoma)

I'm always surprised at the lack of use of our public land here in Oklahoma. I've been wondering for years why this small city lake lake bixhoma - Google Maps is void of hiking trails in a beautiful setting surrounding a very small, wake free lake with old growth, beautiful trees, hills and scenery (even a waterfall if the lakes low water dam is overflowing).

I've always wondered why there isn't more recreation in this area such as hiking, biking and horseback. We have so many pockets of these natural areas, yet they go unused.
    Last edited by TulsaClint; 06-18-2013 at 02:44 PM.

mtbr member
    Last edited by TulsaClint; 06-18-2013 at 02:43 PM.

mtbr member

I've wondered the same thing. Back on the northwest side of the lake there is a jeep trail that takes you down to the water on the east side of the lake. On the south side if you hop the swing gate it takes you around to the south side of the lake. Also, on the northeast side of the lake next to the dam there is an old trail that takes you down to a small pond and rambles on for a mile or so before it disappears.

Wouldn't it be fun to drum up some interest and get a trail built? With all the development in south Tulsa I think it would be a popular trail

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "Walkin around with my pants off. let yo imaginations flow"

mtbr member
    I did attempt to contact the city of Bixby (they own the park), but I haven't gotten a response from them. I think it could be beneficial for their city, it's a great area.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Good luck I grew up there, we use to have some killer motorcycle/atv/horsetrails all over lenorad mnt, but the land owners put a stop to that!! They dont want ANY trespassing. Very sad could be a great place.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Just like along the Arkansas river there are some beautiful trail areas that always get shut down!

mtbr member
    That's too bad, lots of great areas around there. I guess we at least have Turkey Mtn. Hopefully I'll be purchasing some land in the area of Leonard someday, and will build my own trails.

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by TulsaClint View Post
    That's too bad, lots of great areas around there. I guess we at least have Turkey Mtn. Hopefully I'll be purchasing some land in the area of Leonard someday, and will build my own trails.
    Be careful where you buy in that area, I absolutely love it there. But I had10 acres there where I wanted to build a house but I could not get water.

mtbr member

Get some riders together and see if we can cut some trails at bixoma I'm in for sure

RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT
    Same in tx guys i see tons of wasted potential

Many years ago i went to turner falls before i got in to mtb if i remember correctly it would make for some nice technical trails

mtbr member
    Oct 2013
    Im game to help!

mtbr member

Anybody know who I can talk to get the ball rolling