mtbr member
    Mar 2010

Joanna Trail @ Mark Twain Lake

Went down there this morning and while I'm glad I went I wouldn't call it a euphoric epic experience. Does it have a ton of potential, absolutely! I only did a total 30 mile out and back because I got tired of bushwacking and picking off ticks. There are some sections that were or could be st worthy but the majority of it felt like the horses owned this trail. I talked to two horse riders at one point and they said, "Yeah, we was wondering because we saw your tracks". Yes, the enemy has landed! Regardless, it was some doubletrack mixed with trail. I would not call it groomed singletrack as there were many trees down and the trail needed trimming but the basics are there. It reminded of GF with the loose rocks and babyheads BUT without the elevation. I hope Lick Creek is a little more st friendly. A good adventure, none the less and there are 41 pics so enjoy.

EASY DRIVE (108 MILES IN 1 HR AND 10 MINUTES, I DON'T CONDONE SPEEDING)
    TRAIL WELL MARKED
    PRIMITIVE CAMPSITES
    ELEVATION BARELY
    OVERGROWN BUT STILL RIDEABLE
    HORSESHIT
    TICKS (PICKED OFF 14 TOTAL THROUGH OUT THE RIDE)
    DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH

Here are the photos....
    bab74's photosets on Flickr
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

Who is John Galt?
    Looks better than I thought it would. There's just not enough MB riders up that way to keep the trail up. As you say, lots of potential. That's one part of Missouri that needs more trail. Thanks for posting the pics.
    What, me hurry?