mtbr member

Greenleaf State Park/Ankle Express mid east OK

Rode here solo as a fairly experienced noob back in 2006. Had a blast riding the trails and ran into a few tech sections I struggled with but I'm confident now that I could tackle it.

This is just a side note of an experience, so skip this paragraph if you don't want a side story: About half way around the trail I encountered some awesome, fast contour type trails and was thinking "this is what it's about!". Then, killjoy...as I hear a "psst, psst, psst, etc". Us tube guys know what that is. No big deal, trailside repair with my spare and I'm off again, only to have it happen again!!!. No more spares. Started hiking back. It started getting dark and it's a long way hike with a bike in pitch dark back to the camp (no cell coverage, camping and riding solo). Luckily, a pontoon boat was fishing in a cove and they were very friendly and gave me a ride back across the lake to my campsite. Saving me at least 3 hours of a hike in the pitch black, rocky wilderness.

But anyway, my question is if this trail is still around. Has there been improvements/maintenance? Is it worth the trip from Tulsa for a weekend ride/camping trip? (I know the lake in itself is beautiful).
    Last edited by TulsaClint; 03-27-2013 at 08:35 PM. Reason: location

mtbr member
    Jun 2008
    Trail is still there. I rode it at the end of last year. It's the closest trail to me, so I ride it a lot, but didn't get much riding in this winter.

They are supposed to do their annual maintenance in February, but don't know if it happened. The park manager died last year, and I'm not sure how it's impacted the trail.

Give the park a call, and I'm sure they can give you more info. The trail also has a facebook page.