mtbr member

gpx of complete centennial trail?

Anyone know where I can find a GPX of the complete Centennial Trail in SD?

I'm considering doing a big multi-day loop of this and the Mickelson Trail (one out, one back). I know there's the Black Elk wilderness section I'll have to divert around but I can't seem to find a gpx of the complete route - only parts. I think trails illustrated does maps of CT but I'm hoping to find something I can load to the GPS.

Thanks

This is how it started...
    Post here and you should get a quick response.

Black Hills Mountain Bike Association | BHMBA
    Life is about the ride.

mtbr member
    Sep 2006
    Check out pahasapatrails.com. Looks like he has it. Mick is an easy one day ride, but plan on 3-4 days on the ct. Southern half is fairly rough, lots of horse use. North of Sheridan lake is a great 60 miles. Biking is not allowed in wind cave national park also. To bypass the black elk wilderness turn on remming ton rd at iron creek horse camp and head north to the iron creek trail to the iron mt road and ride past keystone and mt Rushmore to get back on at the big pine trailhead. Sounds like fun. Enjoy.

Ross

mtbr member
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sdemars View Post
    Anyone know where I can find a GPX of the complete Centennial Trail in SD?

I'm considering doing a big multi-day loop of this and the Mickelson Trail (one out, one back). I know there's the Black Elk wilderness section I'll have to divert around but I can't seem to find a gpx of the complete route - only parts. I think trails illustrated does maps of CT but I'm hoping to find something I can load to the GPS.

Thanks
    There is not a complete set of GPS data that is accurate. This is one of the things on my TODO list for PahaSapaTrails.com, accurately document the official Centennial corridor as well as reasonable ride-arounds, but I haven't made it that far south yet...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by evilsjg View Post
    There is not a complete set of GPS data that is accurate. This is one of the things on my TODO list for PahaSapaTrails.com, accurately document the official Centennial corridor as well as reasonable ride-arounds, but I haven't made it that far south yet...
    Thanks for having it on the list! This is more of a long term to do, so perhaps I'll wait till I see a GPX