mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Good Trails in Missouri?

I live in Creve Coeur area in St.Louis, and am just trying to gather opinions on trails to try. I am fairly new to the mountain bike scene, I've done Chubb, castle wood, and a bit of greensfelder. What else is out there? High recommendations?

mtbr member
    Check out gorctrails.com

A listing of all the area trails are in there. Welcome!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Matson Hill and if you want to take a trail worthy roadtrip check out Middlefork, Council Bluffs or Berryman. Most imporant as mentioned above check GORC for ALL the details and add it to your favorites.
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Agreed Matson is worth it. If you have time afterwards you should check out Klondike Park which is only minutes down the road. It has a couple teeters, a skinny, and some other cool features. Castlewood is the busiest park. Chubb and Greensfelder are uber fun as you know. You are also right by Creve Coeur Park which is nice, flowy, and right by you.

Also agree you won't find a better place for trails than GORC's website.

FYI, GORC is having a workday at Matson Hill Park Saturday 4/28/12. Free lunch afterwards.

mtbr member
    Klondike is good but short.
    Ive heard lost valley is great, but ive never been there personally.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    I had a good time riding at Megruterville. It's on private propery but as long as you sign the waiver about anyone can ride there. It's about a 7.5 mile loop mainly single track. Its in the middle of nowhere close to Rolla. I would say worth a hour or so drive.

mtbr member
    There's a few of us heading out to Creve Coeur park to ride the trails tomorrow around 530ish.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Who is John Galt?
    Missouri is getting a ton of new trails. Besides all the nice ones in STL (no one mentioned Cliff Cave, that's a good one too), there are new trails at St. James, Warsaw and Branson. Kansas City has about as many as St. Louis. Jeff City has a fine trail at Binder Lake and Columbia has trails at Rock Bridge State Park and Rhett's Run north of town, plus a new one at Finger Lakes State Park. Speaking of state parks, Honey Run at Lake of the Ozarks is a good one. Once you get the hang of all the St. Louis stuff, head down to Potosi and don't miss Council Bluff, Berryman and the Ozark Trail. You can also head over to Illinois for some nice rides, these are on the GORC site. Enjoy!
    What, me hurry?