mtbr member
    Oct 2008

Columbia MO - Downhill + Slalom

I've just stumbled upon the fact that there is a MIZZOU cycling team and have seen some videos of a dual slalom area. Is this area open to the public and if so where is it at? I live in KC and would venture out to check it out. Also is there any coold downhill around the area. I would appreciate some secret spots too
    Thanks,

Ryan

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    The slalom course is open to all. It is located in the middle of town, behind the university's Vet buildings, right beside the ROTC repelling tower. It can be tricky to get to, but any bike shop in town can point you to it. Put this into google maps and it will pretty much get you there... "38.936229, -92.310541"

I don't know of any good downhill spots. The trails around here are all rolling, so the down hills and uphills are all pretty short. If you want to ride some XC, RockBridge is the place to go, but trails will be closed if they are wet. You can check their status on the hotline...1-573four four two224nine.
    "You know you're stupid when your own brain doesn't even try to protect the head that it's in." -P nut

mtbr member
    The DS course is fun but not worth the drive from KC on its own. RB as mentioned above would be a first choice. Rhett's Run in Cosmo park is another option in Columbia. Just 30 min south in Jeff City would be Binder Lake, lots of fun. No real secrets and downhills are not a mid-mo specialty.