Monkey Junkie
    Aug 2009

Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Spending some time in Cedar Rapids - At least a few months and possibly relocating here permanently. Have tons of family in the area which is what brought me here in the first place.

Anyways, I'd love to meet up with some other riders in the area. I've reached out to LAMBA and got a few hits but most people aren't riding due to the cold/snowy weather. Being a crazy person, I ride in it all the time!

So, if there are any riders in the Cedar Rapids/Iowa City/Eastern IA area that want to meet up and ride even in our current weather, post up!

move on up...
    Hey Man, I ride all year and there are quite a few guys in the Iowa city area that ride at Sugarbottom rec area . You should check out World of bikes in IC , they have a huge selection of Fatbikes to demo and are really cool guys to deal with. (I checked out your blog a little) I dont get up to IC as much as I would like this time of year but If you want to venture even further south there are several places to ride. A nice mix of gravel, level b access roads and some equestrian/singletrack down here.

Pick a wheel size...
    We're about an hour and a half away from CR, but the Friends of Off Road Cycling in the Quad Cities are always up for a ride.

Post up on the FORC forum - qcforc dot org / forum - and I'm sure you'll find a riding pal or two.

Perpetual n00b
    As of Jan. 1, Sugar Bottom is open again!

Check out MTB Iowa Forums • Index page
    When the chicks at school see how gay we are, they're gonna be all over us.

mtbr member
    i just moved Iowa city as well and am looking to make my first ride being that all the snow is melting. Very interested in meeting up with anyone who wants to ride. PM me!

Monkey Junkie
    Aug 2009
    Thanks for the replies everyone! I've meet a couple guys out at Beverly in CR and we're planning some future rides. I will be down at the Fat Bike Enduro event in Iowa City this Saturday taking place at Trueblood Recreation area.

I've been enjoying the snow, so it's sort of a bummer that it's melting, but warmer temps are kind of nice (not that they're sticking around for that long).

Anyway...I'm looking forward to checking out IC this weekend. I'm going to bring one of my bikes in addition to demoing a fat bike. Any other rides going on down that way this weekend?

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Fat ride every Friday in Iowa city. 6pm @WoB. Often a big group, always a good time.

WoB does have rentals if you are not fat yet. Gonna be a muddy Friday this week

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    I just recently joined to qcforc forums, seems those guys ride alot in this weather.

Pick a wheel size...
    Quote Originally Posted by legendlime05 View Post
    I just recently joined to qcforc forums, seems those guys ride alot in this weather.
    Yes we do.

Join us!

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    i would love to!
    I dont have a fat bike though, and Im def a novice at this sport. But any time to ride is a good one!
    Ill keep lurking on forc, my username is the same, and Im sure Ill find sometime to meet up with you all!

Pick a wheel size...
    No fatty, no problem. Novice rider? No worries.

Follow the Lets Ride forum and meet up. Fun times will ensue, I guarantee it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2012
    Awesome, hopefully I will see you guys soon!

mtbr member
    Feb 2012