HIKE!

Buzzard's Roost Trail Project Update! Cinco de Mayo Edition

How'd you spend Cinco De Mayo!? I spent it running the Ditch Witch, and got some progress. There is about a half a mile of hand finish to do, and a couple spots that'll need full hand benching/finish as the machine had to be walked around (too treacherous for the DW). And of course we'll be needing to get around the entire loop to work on trouble spots, improve masking and clear up some debris etc and take things under control, but we got a loop!

May not sound like much, but 3 miles of pure, new, fun, fab, beginner to intermediate, honest to God (if you swing that way), legal mountain bike trail. Just a start, more in the works, and more to do on this loop yet, but it is a "GO" to ride, walk, run.

If you are trained up on finish, get your a$$ out there and do it. I'll get you loaner tools, round up a posse, go on your own, if you've been to a work day, contact me, and we can set up to work on YOUR schedule. It needs done!

We will have a "soft" opening of sorts for www.bhfattirefestival.com so it is awesome to have it looped.

Gotta be careful not to start a fire. It is dry up there. Seriously, dry. What blizzard?

Natl. Champ DH Poser/Hack
    any rad gap jumps?
    No, I'm NOT back!

HIKE!
    Not on this loop. The jump/drop line is yet to come (approved by The Man, well, the USFS, keeping it Cinco de Mayo, yo), put into the system for a future grant, etc. Should be pure fun, gotta get out and ride it in, figure out some little pumps and turns, and get the tread packed hard and fast.

hardtale
    workin ? on a holiday?? If it's not raining thursday, ill head up

you know im all about the sick gaps.
    No, I'm NOT back!

mtbr member
    Nov 2005
    Stopped by at about 2 yesterday, saw the van, saw the machine.............no see Sparrow. You must have been off in the bushes?

HIKE!
    CC, we are waiting for you to come build the sick gaps. I got photographic evidence of you building just such for us, let me dig that outta my hard drive, that's a good shot.

Surlytman, just walk the trail, I was about 300 yards up the hill moving fuel cans.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    Rode the loop today lots and lots and lots and did I say lots of raking needed. The trail is alive there are more rocks then I remember, must be the soil settling. If you need a tool PM me or sparrow. A sturdy rake will do. The trail also needs users get out hike it bike it pack it in it is slow till we get it packed down.

naaa. everybody trusts ya at yer word. no need for that pic. heres 1 of me goin totally off on a massive 4 footer. its just like in those collective flicks. look out, im goin pro!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    No, I'm NOT back!