mtbr member

Bike fitting in Tulsa?

Should be posted on RBR, but MTBR gets considerably more local traffic. Apologies for the OT.

Thinking of putting some money down on a Curtlo road frame since I just can't find what I want in any production frame (nimble, reasonably light, room for +28mm tires - basically a light-ish rando frame). I've never been properly fitted, though. I know my Surly Pacer is too big and my generic ebay frame before that was too small, but that's about it.

Is there a fitter in the Tulsa area that anyone around here can recommend? Ideally, it would be someone who can give me frame measurements that I can forward on to Curtlo. I know both Bicycles of Tulsa and Superleggera have Retul, but as I understand it, that's more for fitting you to an existing bike. I've tried online fit calculators, like the Competitive Cyclist calc, and pretty much come up with different results every time.

Any help is appreciated.

mtbr member
    Superleggera is dead so don't worry about that.
    Sounds like you might be wanting to hire someone off the clock to do this

(don't take my word for it, but having someone spend time to measure you in a LBS for something that you aren't getting from them might quasi-erk them)

Let me see what my trainer buddy says tonight and I'll get back with you

mtbr member
    Damn. Sucks to hear about Superleggera.

But, yeah, totally willing to pay someone for their time. And if it's through a shop, I'd be happy to do the parts order through them, though a lot of this would be a parts swap.

Thanks, shamrok.

Tulsa
    It may be worth contacting hammerhead also, all they can do is say they don't offer said service.

Also a known frame builder in tulsa that's sure to have some input. I think he goes under edoz on mtbr
    wherever you go, there you are