mtbr member
    Oct 2011

Ardmore, OK area trails?

Is anyone on here from the Ardmore area? What trails do you ride?

mtbr member
    The only place I have heard of is Lake Murray but I have never been there. My brother and I were going to try to take a trip down there but he recently had a spill and hurt his shoulder. Give it a ride and you can give us a ride report on it.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    There's a paved bike path at Regional Park, and I know that Murray has some pretty good trails. When I get my bike I'm gonna get in fighting shape at Regional and then hit the trails at Murray.

There are some trails at Texoma that would be SICK. They're not dedicated MTB trails, but they would be awesome. Gonna try those, too. I was just wondering if there were any trails around Lake Scott King, Lake Jean Neustadt, or Arbuckle lake.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I live in Madill and ride Lake Murray a lot. You can take different loops and directions to change up your ride. It is never crowded and a very fun trail. Also, Cross Timbers just across the state line on 377 is a great trail. It isn't an easy trail but its worth the work. Its my favorite trail within 2 hours of my house. There are two DORBA trails on Lake Ray Roberts about an hour from Ardmore. PM and I'd be glad to show you around.
    If ya ain't bleedin'...ya ain't ridin'.

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisf_999 View Post
    I live in Madill and ride Lake Murray a lot. You can take different loops and directions to change up your ride. It is never crowded and a very fun trail. Also, Cross Timbers just across the state line on 377 is a great trail. It isn't an easy trail but its worth the work. Its my favorite trail within 2 hours of my house. There are two DORBA trails on Lake Ray Roberts about an hour from Ardmore. PM and I'd be glad to show you around.
    Dude, yes! If I have my way about it, I'll be getting my bike this coming weekend. I'll send you a PM and we'll hook it up!

mtbr member
    How many miles of trails are there at Cross Timbers? I've heard some good things about the trails but don't know much about them. Also is it an out and back or a loop?

Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    There's about 20 miles total, but there's a lot of hike-a-bike. I ride from Cedar Bayou to Lost Loop, take Lost Loop to Eagle's Roost and come back around Lost Loop clockwise. This gives about 11 miles and almost no walking. A better rider would probably have no walking! I love this trail.. climbs, rocks, fast descents, you name it. Google Cedar Bayou Marina and they have a decent map. Hit me up if you want a tour.
    If ya ain't bleedin'...ya ain't ridin'.

mtbr member
    There's about 20 miles total, but there's a lot of hike-a-bike. I ride from Cedar Bayou to Lost Loop, take Lost Loop to Eagle's Roost and come back around Lost Loop clockwise. This gives about 11 miles and almost no walking. A better rider would probably have no walking! I love this trail.. climbs, rocks, fast descents, you name it. Google Cedar Bayou Marina and they have a decent map. Hit me up if you want a tour.
    Thanks for the info. I checked out the Cedar Bayou site and found a map. I'll let you know when I get a chance to head out that way. Not sure how soon as that is a good ride for me. I plan on riding at Lake Murray on Sunday if anyone wants to go.

Dave