mtbr member

Anyone Rode Kill Creek in DeSoto?

It looks quite fun! A friend of mine in the Army said he rode it this summer and really liked it.

I'm putting it on the "To Ride List" but I wanted some reviews from the locals.

Kill Creek Kansas Trail Reviews

mtbr member
    Earthriders Mountain Bike Club - trail description: Kill Creek

Hank is not very techical; Eddy is. Depends on what you like. It's generally not very crowded.

One lap of it all is about 5-6 miles; do two laps of Hank & Eddy & the connector out & back for 12 miles or so.

mtbr member
    Do people get pissy if you ride the equestrian trails? Looks like alot to chose from paved and not paved. That video looks pretty technical.

Kill Creek MTB Trails - YouTube
    Last edited by rynoman03; 12-25-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Scallywag
    Jul 2009
    Hank and Eddie should be plenty, very fun. Beware though there is a water crossing on Eddie that I imagine is pretty cold if there is still water in it. The technical parts are tough but few in number. I get this ride in frequently for a change from the usual.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by rynoman03 View Post
    Do people get pissy if you ride the equestrian trails? Looks like alot to chose from paved and not paved. That video looks pretty technical.

Kill Creek MTB Trails - YouTube
    Please don't ride the equestrian trails. We prefer they keep off our trails, and mountain bikers should show equestrians the same respect.

mtbr member
    Just curious. Didn't plan to ride them unless it wasn't a problem.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    I just rode Kill Creek today. I am first time mountain biker, I bought a 2013 Specialzed Hardrock disc 29er a few days again. I liked it for my first ride but it was very rocky. The Eddy was a little to techincal for me being a beginner in some parts. The water crossing though was a pain, it had about 4 inches of water with the rocks covered in moss which made it very difficult.

Decent trail but I am wanting to do some more fast paced trails with maybe a few jumps in it. I plan on trying Shawnee Mission park with a few friends this coming weekend!

mtbr member
    If you want a fast flow-ey trail with a few side jump areas and aren't afraid of driving a little bit...Try Lawrence River Trail.

Lawrence river trails Kansas Trail Reviews

I'm not a very skilled mtb'er myself and I really enjoyed riding that one! I still want to try Kill Creek though.

mtbr member
    Mar 2013
    Awesome thanks! I am a beginner mbtr, kill creek was actually my first ride. It was pretty decent. The "harder" trail eddy was pretty techincal. Once I become a better rider I will be excited to try that one again.

I have heard the Lawrence trail is good and I plan on trying that one out this summer.

mtbr member
    Ya it's a fun trail! I just built a 29'er SS that I plan on taking there to try out. I didn't shift once at LRT the last time I was there. It's just a fun flowy trail. Lots of banked curves and hills. Not much climbing at all, pretty flat and fun!

I've only been riding since Nov. and sadly I primarily ride paved paths and roads unless I'm with friends riding.

mtbr member
    Feb 2013
    Ya, Kill Creek is fun. Hank (easy) is fun but short. Eddy gives you a good challenge and, ya, there is a creek crossing at the very beginning but you quickly forget about your wet feet.

Lots of good stuff in KC area. if you looking for a group to ride with, hook up with earthriders, Earthriders Forum ? Index page