mtbr member

Anyone else use an All Mountain for castlewood/chubb/klondike?

So I have a hardtail right now with 140mm out front, looking to upgrade to a remedy 8 or 9.

Anyone else use this or other all mountain rig for castlewood/chubb/klondike?

Just wondering what your thoughts were on the pros/cons of pedaling that much bike around here, especially on the flat river sections.

Every now and then I see a guy out there with a 200mm downhill rig. that just makes me laugh

rebelssof@yahoo.com
    Lots of folks around the area ride 140mm plus travel bikes. You just have to know where to look. I ride a 180mm travel bike on the rougher trails around here and an 100mm XC bike for the smoother longer rides.

mtbr member
    I rode my Stumpy at Klondike and loved it...they have a tech section with a couple fun drops that a fs is good for.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    My DB Mission 2 is a blast for certain areas of those trails but is probably overkill for around for around here. My EVO 29r ht is so much faster for the trails around here BUT having the rear cush is nice.
    Peace from Hell...

'13 Chromag Stylus
    '11 Specialized 29r EVO ht
    '11 DB Mission 2 w/Fox 36

bab74 on GORC

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    I have test ridden several 6" bikes around castlewood and greensfelder, it is fun. If you are considering a Remedy there is a Trek demo at Castlewood April 21-22.

mtbr member
    Ya i was at the last demo day. I loved the remedy but was slightttttly on the fence. Just wanted to know yalls thoughts. But i just got hack from chubb right now and ya. Theres no doubt. Remedy for me. I may have bombed the dh, but its really kinda freaky without the big travel.
    If anyone wants to ride sometime id love to go.

mtbr member
    I live in St. Louis and am selling a Titus Motolite if anyone is interested. I pedaled it quite a bit at all of the above mentioned trails but I want something different. If anyone is interested let me know.