Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 101 to 154 of 154
  1. #101
    chasing simplicity
    Reputation: MattMay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    877
    Thx! Sweet ride. Need a couple more rides to dial in the right air pressure for 650b x 47mm tires but it feels great for mixed surface rides, better than my gravelled hardtail for sure.
    I know what it's like to be dead. "To Die & Live In LA."

  2. #102
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    156
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    How do like the Redshift Shockstop stem?
    I think it is awesome. I am running it a bit on the soft side for my weight and I can hit pretty much any rock or washboard with abandon. Braking on the hoods going downhill felt a bit weird with the original handlebar but the wider and more flared bar made that go away.

  3. #103
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by TimoA View Post
    I think it is awesome. I am running it a bit on the soft side for my weight and I can hit pretty much any rock or washboard with abandon. Braking on the hoods going downhill felt a bit weird with the original handlebar but the wider and more flared bar made that go away.
    Thanks. It sounds like a good thing to have for gravel rides.
    Last edited by j102; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:45 PM.

  4. #104
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    BeforeAfter

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  5. #105
    z1r
    z1r is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by Dibbs_ View Post
    Both wheelsets = huge fun.

    Nice looking ride. I had a chance not long ago to pick up as set of 650b wheels. Wish I would have now. I can fit a 47 in where I can only get a 700x41 in now.

  6. #106
    z1r
    z1r is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    371
    JCD46, nice! new wheels. How do they compare?

    Your bike looks a little like mine! Only I couldn't decide on the bar tape color!

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-xexdffah.jpg

  7. #107
    mtbr member
    Reputation: mtnbkr80015's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,184

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures

    just put a new carbon saddle on put on some Maxxis Ramblers(tubeless) instead of my tubed Knards, Save seatpost instead on the KS Lev 272 dropper and some new Salsa gel bar tape. Dropped Two pounds off the bike mostly in the wheels
    Enjoy the ride...

  8. #108
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    I really liked the white bar tape, but man looks nasty quickly. I thought purple but any color would have been dirty as well, so went black. I had that same bar tape you have on my Kona Jake, looks good!

    The wheels, not ridden yet except a quick test ride. Right off, they look nicer, wider and most important, tubeless, only real reason for me to upgrade them. Also lighter!

    The guy I got the wheels from was great, so after riding them a few times, I will do a review on them.
    Quote Originally Posted by z1r View Post
    JCD46, nice! new wheels. How do they compare?

    Your bike looks a little like mine! Only I couldn't decide on the bar tape color!

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xexdFFAh.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	217.5 KB 
ID:	1206129
    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  9. #109
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    783
    Vassago Fisticuff SS
    CK road hubs / Stans Alpha 400s
    Silly fun

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-birchbike.jpg

  10. #110
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Had an awesome day!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

  11. #111
    Cycologist
    Reputation: chazpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    4,042
    ^ These pics are really calling me to go ride! I wish I had more gravel around me.
    There are two types of people in this world:
    1) Those who can extrapolate from incomplete data

  12. #112
    Enthusiast
    Reputation: JonathanGennick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    5,321
    New bike. First ride. This is along a favorite route of mine that includes an old rail grade and some great views of the Anna Marsh.

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-20180623_152040-medium-.jpg

  13. #113
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    BeforeAfter

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Nice! I think it looks way better now!

  14. #114
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by jmctav23 View Post
    Vassago Fisticuff SS
    CK road hubs / Stans Alpha 400s
    Silly fun

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birchbike.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	1206134
    Very nice!

  15. #115
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithified View Post
    Had an awesome day!

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    That has to be a very nice ride. Great pictures!

  16. #116
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Nice! I think it looks way better now!
    Thanks! I actually like it better too, I have to be honest, it took me a second.

    I have to say, the Cowchippers were an awesome upgrade! Just love those things on the first ride, the wheels took some abuse, and feeling great!

    Highly recommend those Cowchippers!

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  17. #117
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    Beautiful Bike!
    Quote Originally Posted by jmctav23 View Post
    Vassago Fisticuff SS
    CK road hubs / Stans Alpha 400s
    Silly fun

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birchbike.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	249.4 KB 
ID:	1206134
    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  18. #118
    z1r
    z1r is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    371
    Yeah, cowchippers are probably one of the things I like best about my build. For one, I found out I've been running bars that were too narrow, 42's when I should have been running 46's. Also found out that 42 cowchippers are wider than 42 cowbells. And not just at the bar ends.

  19. #119
    I'm #87!
    Reputation: Forster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    3,613
    I went with Cowchippers also but I'm thinking that I might have liked Ritchie Venturemax better.
    The most expensive bike in the world is still cheaper than the cheapest open heart surgery.

  20. #120
    smartass
    Reputation: amish_matt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    613
    My "all road" bike. Vassago Fisticuff, SS with WTB Riddlers:

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-img_3112.jpg

  21. #121
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,090
    Max Patch NC.

    Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

  22. #122
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    32
    Twin Six Rando size 57

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-rando-side-2.jpg

  23. #123
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    83
    Pic from today's ride rest stop

    Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

  24. #124
    z1r
    z1r is offline
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    371
    Quote Originally Posted by MattMay View Post
    First ride today on new 3T Exploro Ltd. First rides on new bikes always feel fast(er).

    Ain't that the truth! A week later, I feel slow again

  25. #125
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    49

    My new custom steel All Road Bellť

    Just arrived home!

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-img_0358-edited-.jpgPost Your Gravel Bike Pictures-img_0359-edited-.jpgPost Your Gravel Bike Pictures-img_0360-edited-.jpgPost Your Gravel Bike Pictures-img_0365-edited-.jpg

    Hand made in Barcelona by Enrico Bellť.

  26. #126
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    Nice!^^ Congrats, love the midnight blue!

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  27. #127
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    8

    Why Cycles R+

    Here is my Why Cycles R+ equipped with TRP Hylex/XTR Di2, Easton Crank/Cockpit, HED Aredennes+ Wheels w/Panaracer GK SK 650B x 48...Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-why-cycles-r-.jpgPost Your Gravel Bike Pictures-why-cycles-r-_2.jpg

  28. #128
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smithe68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    My Diverge Expert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-diverge.jpg  


  29. #129
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    28
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail, my first ever Gravel Bike. Actually my first ever bike that isnt a mountain bike.. Just took it out for its maiden voyage today! Ended up doing around 20 miles without even realizing it. Road bikes can haul ass!


  30. #130
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    My Diverge Expert
    Nice!
    I ordered a 2018 Diverge Comp E5. Pictures soon.....

  31. #131
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by Rycan86 View Post
    2017 Diamondback Haanjo Trail, my first ever Gravel Bike. Actually my first ever bike that isnt a mountain bike.. Just took it out for its maiden voyage today! Ended up doing around 20 miles without even realizing it. Road bikes can haul ass!

    Nice! Congrats!

  32. #132
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smithe68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Nice!
    I ordered a 2018 Diverge Comp E5. Pictures soon.....
    I love it, my other bikes are collecting dust since I got it and I sold my mt bike


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  33. #133
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    I love it, my other bikes are collecting dust since I got it and I sold my mt bike


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Itís a very nice bike. Great reviews.
    Iím not selling my MTBs, no way!
    I hope to find the balance and use them all, a lot.

  34. #134
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smithe68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Itís a very nice bike. Great reviews.
    Iím not selling my MTBs, no way!
    I hope to find the balance and use them all, a lot.
    Thanks. Funny thing I got it before ever reading any reviews on it.

    I spend a lot of time riding a tri bike, and now my Diverge, and honestly I wasn't really riding my MTB before I got it, so it made sense to get rid of it when it still had some value.

  35. #135
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Itís a very nice bike. Great reviews.
    Iím not selling my MTBs, no way!
    I hope to find the balance and use them all, a lot.
    Did you decide on the CX bike?

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  36. #136
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Did you decide on the CX bike?

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Yes. I ordered the Specialized Diverge Comp E5.
    I was in between the Crux Sport E5 (pure CX) and the Diverge E5 Elite (more gravel than CX). Same price, same components and many things the same between the two bikes.
    What helped me make the decision to buy the Diverge was the geometry and features that makes it more comfortable for longer rides, as well as the thru-axel frame and fork.
    Also, I didnít like the idea of the proprietary 135mm rear spacing on the Crux models.
    Once I decided on the Diverge, I went with the Diverge Comp E5 because it has the future shock, adding to the comfort. It is also the top Aluminum model.

  37. #137
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smithe68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Yes. I ordered the Specialized Diverge Comp E5.
    I was in between the Crux Sport E5 (pure CX) and the Diverge E5 Elite (more gravel than CX). Same price, same components and many things the same between the two bikes.
    What helped me make the decision to buy the Diverge was the geometry and features that makes it more comfortable for longer rides, as well as the thru-axel frame and fork.
    Also, I didnít like the idea of the proprietary 135mm rear spacing on the Crux models.
    Once I decided on the Diverge, I went with the Diverge Comp E5 because it has the future shock, adding to the comfort. It is also the top Aluminum model.
    Have you had a chance to test ride a Diverge with the future shock? I really like it and think they did a great job with it but obviously it can only do so much. I donít think it helped at all on a stretch of washboard gravel road on my commute but then again, not sure any bicycle suspension on a road like that feels great?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  38. #138
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Yes. I ordered the Specialized Diverge Comp E5
    Nice! I just pulled it up, good starting price, I think I had Sora on my Kona Jake, and it was reliable. Enjoy, and share a ride report.



    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  39. #139
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    Have you had a chance to test ride a Diverge with the future shock? I really like it and think they did a great job with it but obviously it can only do so much. I donít think it helped at all on a stretch of washboard gravel road on my commute but then again, not sure any bicycle suspension on a road like that feels great?


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I only test rode it on pavement, and it worked nicely. Once I get mine I will ride it on gravel a lot. Letís see.

  40. #140
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Nice! I just pulled it up, good starting price, I think I had Sora on my Kona Jake, and it was reliable. Enjoy, and share a ride report.



    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    The one I initially ordered was the Diverge Comp E5. But had an issue with the order, and ended up buying a Sport model they had in the store.
    Last edited by j102; 6 Days Ago at 03:32 PM.

  41. #141
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    ...Enjoy, and share a ride report.

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! Iíll post pictures and a ride report once I get it.

  42. #142
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smithe68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I only test rode it on pavement, and it worked nicely. Once I get mine I will ride it on gravel a lot. Letís see.
    Look forward to hearing how you like it. Our roads are so crap here, lots of chip seal and just generally not great and it really smooths out most everything like that. It's also been a pleasure to ride on gravel and dirt roads and I have even taken it on some trail systems because that's what it's for!

  43. #143
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures

    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    Look forward to hearing how you like it. Our roads are so crap here, lots of chip seal and just generally not great and it really smooths out most everything like that. It's also been a pleasure to ride on gravel and dirt roads and I have even taken it on some trail systems because that's what it's for!
    I did a quick 10 miles before the rain today. Bike is comfortable, light and fast. The 700x30C tires are great for paved roads, but not good for gravel.
    Very happy with it. Glad I got a gravel bike. Donít know why I waited this long to get one.

  44. #144
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smithe68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    I did a quick 10 miles before the rain today. Bike is comfortable, light and fast. The 700x30C tires are great for paved roads, but not good for gravel.
    Very happy with it. Glad I got a gravel bike. Donít know why I waited this long to get one.
    So you got the E5 Sport, no shock then right? I am pretty new to gravel bikes myself but my version came with 38's and they seem pretty great on gravel and dirt roads. Like I said before, I love it and it's become my favorite bike to ride for all kinds of riding.

  45. #145
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    So you got the E5 Sport, no shock then right? I am pretty new to gravel bikes myself but my version came with 38's and they seem pretty great on gravel and dirt roads. Like I said before, I love it and it's become my favorite bike to ride for all kinds of riding.
    Yes, I got the E5 Sport, no shock. I can always add the Redshift Shockstop stem, if needed.
    The higher end models come with 38s. That size is great for gravel and dirt road riding. Iíll be changing the tires to 38s at some point in the near future.

  46. #146
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Thanks! Iíll post pictures and a ride report once I get it.
    Hmmm

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  47. #147
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    Hmmm

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Yep, I need to post some pictures.

  48. #148
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Did a 40 miles ride this morning, mostly on pavement. Bike was great, ready for more.


  49. #149
    Curmudgeon
    Reputation: shif's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    190
    Custom titanium frame handcrafted by Carl Strong

    Post Your Gravel Bike Pictures-02_shif-g-bike.jpgPost Your Gravel Bike Pictures-03_shif-g-bike.jpg

    Early photos from when it was new. Changed the down tube logo from white to black lettering. This is an incredible bike, both on road and off.

  50. #150
    mtbr member
    Reputation: smithe68's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    95
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Did a 40 miles ride this morning, mostly on pavement. Bike was great, ready for more.

    Looks great, enjoy!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  51. #151
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by shif View Post
    Custom titanium frame handcrafted by Carl Strong

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	02_SHIF g-bike.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	171.2 KB 
ID:	1209225Click image for larger version. 

Name:	03_SHIF g-bike.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	1209226

    Early photos from when it was new. Changed the down tube logo from white to black lettering. This is an incredible bike, both on road and off.
    Very nice!

  52. #152
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by smithe68 View Post
    Looks great, enjoy!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks!

  53. #153
    Bikesexual
    Reputation: jcd46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    5,171
    Quote Originally Posted by j102 View Post
    Very nice!
    x2!

    Congrats on yours, 40miles sounds like you are enjoying it!

    Really nice bikes on this thread!

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

  54. #154
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    321
    Quote Originally Posted by jcd46 View Post
    x2!

    Congrats on yours, 40miles sounds like you are enjoying it!

    Really nice bikes on this thread!

    Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk
    Thanks! I got it with the idea of doing longer rides. The bike is comfortable enough for that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Post Pictures of your 27.5/ 650B Bike
    By bikestudio in forum 27.5
    Replies: 268
    Last Post: 6 Hours Ago, 04:13 PM
  2. ARC Carbon pictures and some more pictures
    By smithcreek in forum Yeti
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 07:00 AM
  3. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 01:53 PM
  4. Replies: 269
    Last Post: 08-21-2011, 07:13 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-26-2011, 01:42 PM

Members who have read this thread: 312

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

THE SITE

ABOUT MTBR

VISIT US AT

mtbr.com and the ConsumerReview Network are business units of Invenda Corporation

(C) Copyright 1996-2018. All Rights Reserved.