mtbr member
    Jan 2017

Opinions on Diamondback haanjo 7c?

any opinions of the 7c haanjo? im looking at getting a gravel race bike, and the price seems great for what you get (hed carbon wheels, carbon frame, shimano ultegra) or i could spend almost a g more and get a santa cruz stigmata with rival and wtb alloy rims.

any reason not to go for the haanjo? stigmata is sexy and built by a solid mtb company, but dang that 7c is cheap.

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn_violence View Post
    any opinions of the 7c haanjo? im looking at getting a gravel race bike, and the price seems great for what you get (hed carbon wheels, carbon frame, shimano ultegra) or i could spend almost a g more and get a santa cruz stigmata with rival and wtb alloy rims.

any reason not to go for the haanjo? stigmata is sexy and built by a solid mtb company, but dang that 7c is cheap.
    I have a carbon trail and I think they are the same bike. I have a couple of 1000 miles on mine and find it is a good all arounder. It can commute, it can road ride, and single track. I haven't particularly graveled it but I imagine that the combo of those three things would lend itself to being good a gravel racing.

Best thing is compatibility with off the shelf fenders and large 650b tires and wheels if that is your thing. I can roll with 700x35 slicks and fenders without a problem on it. It fits much larger tires without the fenders.

Also I am going to move this to the gravel forum.

mtbr member
    Sep 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unicorn_violence View Post
    any opinions of the 7c haanjo? im looking at getting a gravel race bike, and the price seems great for what you get (hed carbon wheels, carbon frame, shimano ultegra)
    Read the bike components closer. I'm 99% sure the HED tomcat wheels are NOT carbon. Not that they're bad wheels. They came stock on my Willard 3 and seem alright so far. Just making sure you're not disappointed or a major part of your reason for choosing this bike is carbon wheels that aren't

poser Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cerpss View Post
    Read the bike components closer. I'm 99% sure the HED tomcat wheels are NOT carbon. Not that they're bad wheels. They came stock on my Willard 3 and seem alright so far. Just making sure you're not disappointed or a major part of your reason for choosing this bike is carbon wheels that aren't
    Oh definitely. Same wheels I have, not carbon. Formula hubs I think, I suggest immediately greasing the bearing in the wheels, come with very thin grease. Freehubs is weak link in wheels, bearing is held in with c-clip and hard to maintain and only 1 bearing for freehub so takes a lot of abuse.

mtbr member
    Nov 2016
    My friend and I both have 7Cs. We've only had them for a few weeks, but so far so good. As stated, the wheels are not carbon. I noticed every once in awhile when I go from coasting to putting power down, I'll get a slight pop in the rear hub before it engages. Aside from that, I haven't had any issues with it and feel it's a great overall value for a carbon Ultegra bike, especially if you can get the corporate or experticity pricing.

mtbr member
    Oct 2014
    I have a Haanjo, and really like the geo. The only thing that slightly bothers me is the Hed Erocia cockpit... everyone thinks it says erotica at first glance, haha

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    FYI, the picture of the 7C bike on their website is built up with a 6800 group but I can confirm it is supposed to ship with R8000. They said the bike shown was a pre-production run. I'm personally trying to decide between the 7C and 5C EXP. Leaning toward the latter. For my purposes I really like the triple and 650x47's.