Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Lake Murraython 10/26-10/27 ( Oklahoma MTB Endurance, Gravel & XC TT!)

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Spinistry 
#1 · (Edited)
Lake Murraython cancelled

Cancelled unfortunately. May try again but there seems to be very little interest.

It ain't a weekend for just anyone, but there's a little bit of something for everyone! We are extremely happy and proud to announce a brand new Spinistry event format.

Folks are welcome to do it all and race the greatest endurance dirt weekend in the land or just take a ride for a day and enjoy some great routes and scenery.

Our staging area will be the fantastic Lake Murray State Park near Ardmore, OK. We will have multiple events available over the course of two days. Consider this a training event for the 2014 Dirt Omnium series. This is only a practice event with no prizes based on placement. No USA Cycling points. Times will be recorded for overall performance as well as the individual events.The stages are an Ultra Marathon Gravel Grinder, an Ultra Marathon MTB endurance race and a one lap MTB Time Trial.

The courses are still being finalized but will fall within these guidelines: Ultra marathon dirt/gravel roads course between 100k-200k at promoter's discretion. Course may be modified at any time. Ultra marathon mtb trail at Lake Murray State Park utilizing multiple laps to total a MINIMUM of 100K. Course TBD. Singletrack MTB may be diverted to another dirt/gravel roads loop based on weather. One Time Trial lap of the same course used for the MTB ultra marathon. An alternate road route will be instituted if trail conditions are not satisfactory due to weather or other issues.

The gravel grinder and MTB endurance courses as well as the time trial will be available for individual registrations but with no prize list. We will also offer relay team options for the MTB endurance event

https://www.bikereg.com/Net/18861

See less See more
#3 ·
Very definitely not a scam. The April event was postponed until October because there were no accommodations available around Ardmore our original weekend. There was a golf tournament and a baseball tournament that same weekend so all cabins in the park and all hotels in the area were booked. We postponed until the fall at the request of the park because all weekends after our original date were considered to be in season for them.

Feel free to contact me direct if you need additional detail. I really would have appreciated that to begin with instead of beginning a post with the word "scam". We put on an event almost every month in North Texas and we've had plenty of people from OK attend them. I'm sure our reputation is pretty solid if anyone wanted to make any inquiries about our validity.

Kevin Lee

#5 ·
I don't know exactly what the TdD loop is made up of but this should be pretty similar. I'm looking at doing the blue race loop and a little bit of the Big Loop north of Duke's Forest. I haven't GPS'd it yet so I'm not certain of the mileage but 8-10 sounds about right. I rode the trail yesterday and everything we'd be riding for the event was in good shape. Some overgrown areas out by Pecan Grove but we won't be using that. I will go up again next week and GPS.

#6 ·
Cancelled due to low interest. No worries, no money was collected so nobody was "ripped off". We knew it would be an uphill battle being the same weekend as The Berryman Epic and Spooky Cross but we had to work with the weekends available at the park.

Please do go ride the trail if you haven't been out there before. It's one of my favorite trails in the region. We will try again some day next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.