mtbr member

Will the Iphone work in my camel back? App question.

I want to get motionx but I dont want to mount the I phone on the bars of my bike. We ride way to hard. Will the Iphone gps work inside my camel back? Will it aquire a signal?

Thanks
    Chumba XCL (Dukes of Hazzard Orange)
    Reel Adventure Charters
    www.reel-adventure.com

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Yes! I used to do this until I bought a Garmin, the only problem is if you get a call or SMS which will interrupt the app.

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    Before I got the RAM iPhone mount for my bike, I had put it in my backpack and it worked fine.

But I must say I was hesitant about using a bike mount with my iPhone but this RAM mount is very solid. I have not heard of one person that had an issue with their iPhone falling out of this mount. http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx

mtbr member
    Nov 2006
    Another yes. Before I got an Edge, I used my iPhone in my Camelbak (mp3 pocket) and in a saddle bag on my road bike without any trouble.

mtbr member
    Apr 2009
    Yup, as long as your iPhone is in a relatively stable place, it should work reasonably well (as well as the iPhone's GPS can work, anyway.)

I first carried mine in my left front short pocket, and I would get really wonky results when riding on the paved multi-use trails around town. (As in, on one ride, I got some GPS points that had me going 1,400 mph!) After I bought a phone "bag" that I could mount to my bike's top tube, I started getting much better results. I never really tried figuring out what the difference was...

Ultimated Outsider
    Yes, as long as your backpack is not made out of metal.
    If I disagree with you, it's because you are wrong.

Currywurst
    Jul 2008
    wow....you really mount this thing to your bar? does it work in your pocket? it should work in your camelhump moron

mtbr member
    Aug 2008
    I mounted mine using the iPhone RAM mount suggested at the MotionX GPS site. http://gps.motionx.com/bike-gallery/01/ It is very sturdy and my iPhone will not fall off.