Got a suspension fork

Will Garmin USA warranty overseas units?

Some eBay sellers have quite attractive prices on new in the box Garmin GPS units.

My concern is that if the unit ever fails, will Garmin USA warranty the the unit, or check the Serial number and say oh sorry that unit was destined for China and is not covered by Garmin USA warranty.

Does anybody have experience with this?

Thanks
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    pay the extra and get a real english unit, a lot of people have issue with some text and you will also know for sure to have a warranty

many companies will not provide a warranty on items sold on ebay.

read up on "grey market" goods. Adorama sells a lot of grey market photography gear. the prices are better, but there is NO mfr warranty. Products are warranteed by Adorama. Are the sellers making any warranty claims at all?

I wouldn't buy electronics without a warranty of some kind. Especially with my own history with Garmin and that of many others who have been taken care of by them when a problem "bricks" a receiver or those who have fatal mechanical flaws.

Got a suspension fork
    Thanks guys, I figured that was the case but with those tempting prices I had to ask.
    ONE SHOX, ONE GEAR, LOTS of FUN! www.TrailFu.com My Rides

trail rat
    Back five or six years ago, Garmin warranty specifically states they do not honor warranty on eBay purchases. I saw deal on the 60CSx on eBay from US sellers. No warranty coverage, I called and asked. Has to be a Garmin "authorized dealer", many shops grey market or get them via a distributor, and you could be SOL.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie