Moderator Moderator
    Jan 2004

Wife with VERY small hands/wrists - smallest watch-type GPS?

Subject line pretty much says it all - Sarah has amazingly small wrists and hands and we've had zero luck finding a GPS/HRM (or just GPS) that she can comfortably wear. Anyone got any idea what the best possibilities might be? This will be used outdoors only and GPS vs. GPS+HRM is not a deal breaker either way.

Thanks for any help!

-Walt
    Waltworks Custom Bicycles
    Park City, UT USA
    www.waltworks.com
    waltworks.blogspot.com

Ride More, Whine Less
    She can use a pocket if she is just going to log the run/ride. Or, she can put the watch over a sweat band.

mtbr member
    Jan 2013
    Love my Ambit, but it's not for those with a small wrist. Has she tried on the Fenix?

mtbr'er
    My girlfriend also has very small wrists, but had to have a GPS enabled watch. I got her a Forerunner 410, which isn't exactly small, but it includes a set of velcro wrist straps to replace the standard rubberized/plastic one that comes installed that will fit nicely around any wrist size. It still looks a little bulky on her, but fits comfortably - she's really happy with it. Not as nice as the Fenix, but not quite as $$$ either.

pedaller
    I've had the Forerunner 305 for years and also bought my wife one - with her small wrists, she has always used a sweatband under it.

That is until we discovered the velcro strap. It is such an improvement over the rubber band. You can dial it in exactly how you like it and you can adjust it as you go. My wrist swells after running for a while.

It's the best $10 upgrade ever - and it comes free with the 410.

"Nobody ever told me not to try" - Curious George Soundtrack by Jack Johnson