mtbr member

Who keeps flagging rides on Strava that are perfectly fine?

I keep getting my rides flagged on Strava for no apparent reason. I'm not even close to the top of the leaderboard for any segment, so its not like anyone has a motivation to bump me out of their way to "get on the podium" or something. Here is an example of a recent ride that was flagged:

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 11miles near Provo | Times and Records | Strava

There is nothing wrong with this ride, nothing unsafe, no gps discrepancy, no motor assistance. My segment times are quite average and nothing special. At first I just dismissed it as a glitch or some weirdo, but it keeps happening. What gives? Has this happened to others?

More Torque
    Quote Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    I keep getting my rides flagged on Strava for no apparent reason. I'm not even close to the top of the leaderboard for any segment, so its not like anyone has a motivation to bump me out of their way to "get on the podium" or something. Here is an example of a recent ride that was flagged:

Mountain Bike Ride Profile | 11miles near Provo | Times and Records | Strava

There is nothing wrong with this ride, nothing unsafe, no gps discrepancy, no motor assistance. My segment times are quite average and nothing special. At first I just dismissed it as a glitch or some weirdo, but it keeps happening. What gives? Has this happened to others?
    No illegal trails or private property?

-D

Rod
    Endorphin Junkie
    I haven't had this happen to me, but strava isn't very popular here and I basically know everyone that uses it.
    There is not much choice between rotten apples.

mtbr member
    Apr 2005
    I ride in the SLC area, and somebody is flagging downhill segments on pavement, and a few downhill trails around here, as "Hazardous". It's really getting bad, and it's detracting from the usefulness of Strava. But, I guess they don't want to get sued (again).

My guess is that it's some anti-bike hiker, or dog walker, or maybe someone who is taking it upon him/herself to make sure nobody rides faster than the posted speed limit.

There doesn't seem to be any way to appeal these segment flaggings, but you could probably submit a help request for your own flagged rides. They were pretty good about resetting my data after I uploaded a corrupted segment.
    Justin
    Salt Lake City
    2012 Specialized Stumpjumper FSR Comp 29
    2006 Specialized Allez Expert Double

sheep in FOX clothing
    I flagged one of my own rides last week after some shameless bus-drafting segment wins, and it gave me a whole bunch of options to fix it, including cropping and just declaring that it was fine. Are you getting those?

Who keeps flagging rides on Strava that are perfectly fine?

I could see someone doing it out of spite. Especially someone who is anti-mtb. You could try creating another account to see if it is someone with a personal grudge or just someone who flags all rides.

I flag all segments on local MUT's because they are inapproprite places to race segment times with the crowds of peds and kids, but I don't see the point of flagging individual rides because I don't really care about who cheats to get the KOM or not.

Maybe if I knew who kept setting segments on the MUT's...

mtbr member
    I noticed I had a flagged activity two weeks ago, a Wednesday night club ride earlier this year. I had the option of reinstating it by clicking a button which I did. Mountain Bike Ride Profile | Club Wed night mtb ride near Kaiapoi | Times and Records | Strava Not sure how long it had been flagged for but suspect it may have been flagged by a person on one of the leaderboards of the segments I rode that night.

I would suggest creating a "Submit a Request" via the Strava Customer Support to stop the stalking flagger
    Self employed picture framer, selling the odd cycle part/light as a sideline
    youtube / strava. Back on a bike after 25years