Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,980

    Where to get an older version of Garmin Communicator.

    I got a car GPS and did a map update that had me download Communicator 4.03.

    Now, my Edge 800 is not recognized by my desktop, laptop, wifes computer etc.

    All have the 4.03 version with the usb drivers.

    Where can I get the 4.01 version I installed in Jan 2012 that worked?
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

  2. #2
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    I got a car GPS and did a map update that had me download Communicator 4.03.

    Now, my Edge 800 is not recognized by my desktop, laptop, wifes computer etc.

    All have the 4.03 version with the usb drivers.

    Where can I get the 4.01 version I installed in Jan 2012 that worked?
    I just posted the link on the Garmin forums, but here it is again.
    Index of /perry/garmin_uilities

    The site has everything! Allory Deiss is very active on Garmin Forums, Twitter, etc., for Garmin updates.
    Garmin Software Updates
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

  3. #3
    mtbr member
    Reputation:
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    3,980
    Quote Originally Posted by slocaus View Post
    I just posted the link on the Garmin forums, but here it is again.
    Index of /perry/garmin_uilities

    The site has everything! Allory Deiss is very active on Garmin Forums, Twitter, etc., for Garmin updates.
    Garmin Software Updates
    Great!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

    You can imagine my frustration getting home from my ride yesterday working this one climb I felt I had a great ride up. I've been shooting for 45 min on this climb as goal for Oct 31st. I was hoping I was much closer, but I could not tell as my garmin was not recognized.
    Lead by my Lefty............... right down the trail, no brakes.

  4. #4
    trail rat
    Reputation: slocaus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    7,711
    Quote Originally Posted by ziscwg View Post
    Great!!!!!!!!! Thank you.

    You can imagine my frustration getting home from my ride yesterday working this one climb I felt I had a great ride up. I've been shooting for 45 min on this climb as goal for Oct 31st. I was hoping I was much closer, but I could not tell as my garmin was not recognized.
    Bookmark that baby, I have had it for years, since my 60CSx and 305 days, through three site maintainers and a website that no longer exists.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

    "The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •