Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Vz Navigator For Prepaid Phones

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  PacificNorthwest 
#1 ·
I was told on the verizon prepaid site that you can get the vz navigator for either 10 dollars a month or 2.99 a day. When I got the phone in the mail i realized that for prepaid phones you only have the 2.99 a day option, plus 99 cents a day to use the phone, plus 10 cents a minute extra. If you use a prepaid service, verizon does have prepaid service with excellent coverage but the vz navigator is too costly and only good in an emergency where you are lost on the road. It does pinpoint your exact location and provide mapping of the area but the screen is so small on the prepaid phones that it takes forever to pan around your immediate area, by the time you figure out where to go, you will have spent 5 bucks. So if you like prepaid for cell phone calls, verizon has a great prepaid service but the vz navigator is too expensive. I hope this helps someone.

#3 ·
Question

slocaus said:
Many places I ride out west have no cell phone service. GPS works great.

I appreciate the advice about the etrex vista hcx and I tried it out but it sucked, so I returned it and bought the oregon 400t. Its not your fault, I said how much money i wanted to spend and you did come up with an excellent answer for the amount of money i was willing to spend. It was a good choice for me to buy the etrex because it gave me an idea of what i wanted out of a gps. Dude!!! the oregon 400t is awesome!! but I keep obsessing over the oregon 550t because of the camera....should I be dwelling over the 550t?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.