It's carbon dontcha know.

Turning off City Navigator map on 705?

I've got a bunch of different maps installed and have a question, how can I turn off the city navigator map so I can see the topo features on the topo maps?

On the 705 within the settings, maps screen it doesn't let me unselect the City Navigator map, but does let me unselect the different topo maps.

I've tried installing just the city nav map onto the sd card and the topo maps onto the unit but I still can't unselect the CN map.

edit: Not sure what I did differently but I just uploaded a new single map comprised of two different topo's and CN. I can now unselect the CN but not either of the topo's.
    Last edited by 6thElement; 03-13-2009 at 05:36 PM.

trail rat
    Do you still have the basemap installed in the unit itself? It must be there or any other map in the unit can not be unchecked. I accidentally deleted my basemap and had that issue. Luckily we had another 705 in the shop, so I copied the basemap to my unit, Now I have the basemap and Garmin Topo on the 705, and the a 20' contour topo of California from GPS File Depot on the SD card and I can toggle between the topos. The basemap is ignored with so little detail. whew
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie

It's carbon dontcha know.
    hmm, what's the filename and size?

trail rat
    gmapbmap.img 13008 KB

Other maps install as gmapsupp.img on the unit or the SD card.

Mapsource can combine maps into one image file but the 705 does not seem to be able to select different maps, say City Nav and Topo from the same image, like my 60CSx does. I have two separate topos installed on the unit and the SD card to be able to toggle.
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie