Thread: Track Question

MTB Rider
    Aug 2004

Track Question

I'm wondering if anyone has had the following happen to them:

You're riding on a trail that is in the vicinity of nearby roads or streets (100 yds) & the track wants to zig zag between your current location & the adjacent road. When I'm MTBing I turn the "Lock On Road" feature off.

A couple of weeks ago I went for a ride but didn't have the maps for the area loaded into my Legend Cx. This time when I rode along the trail, the track was perfect, The 1st time that I've been able to get accurate track on that trail.

Any suggestions?
    2008 Trek Fuel EX 8
    Oshawa, Ontario, Canada

trail rat
    Quote Originally Posted by revrnd
    I'm wondering if anyone has had the following happen to them:

You're riding on a trail that is in the vicinity of nearby roads or streets (100 yds) & the track wants to zig zag between your current location & the adjacent road. When I'm MTBing I turn the "Lock On Road" feature off.

A couple of weeks ago I went for a ride but didn't have the maps for the area loaded into my Legend Cx. This time when I rode along the trail, the track was perfect, The 1st time that I've been able to get accurate track on that trail.

Any suggestions?
    The "Lock on road" setting only applies to auto routing with maps in the GPS, I think. The GPS just uses the satellites to lay down the track and does not "see" the maps; those are there just for your visual reference and navigation of course.

WAGs - Fresh vs old batteries? Any difference in mounting position, vegetation, cloud cover, humidity/precipitation?
    CCCMB web - Facebook
    SLO trail maps - conditions

"The physician heals, Nature makes well" - real fortune cookie