mtbr member
    Apr 2008

TOPO on 705 - Skeggs Point Load?

I want to load TOPO of Skeggs Point (Local spot in NcAL) on my 705 - would like to hear if I need to buy the Garmin Topo map package - or if I can just load this particular area. Not sure where to find TOPO of local ride spots or if they are even available? Skeggs is also called El Corte de Madera.

Bottom Line - I would like to be able to view this on the 705 - so even if I pick up the Garmin topo 2008 it wont have the trail's listed as seen below.

http://www.openspace.org/preserves/maps/pr_ecdm.pdf
    Last edited by terrainxmtn; 04-13-2008 at 08:43 AM.

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    You must use Garmin Topo to download background Topo maps into the 705. To get the trails shown on your link, you need a gpx or other file with the actual trail information already acquired. You can using a topo program such as TopoFusion or others (Topo 2008 will do this too) to draw in approximate GPS tracks and then download the saved tracks into the 705.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Gotcha - Do you know of a site that has these listed for riding areas/trails? I'm hoping that someone has already created these gpx files...

mtbr member
    Jan 2005
    I just do an internet search to find these things. Others may have a better suggestion.

mtbr member
    Apr 2008
    Good Idea - I was searching before for something other than GPX - I found one and will give it a shot.