mtbr member
    Sep 2013

TomTom Multisport Problem

I just bought a TomTom Multisport to keep track of my miles. I like it because the numbers are big enough to read without glasses. However, I have been having one problem, drops and bigger hits cause the button to accidently press, going into pause mode or sometimes turning the gps off. Does anyone else have this problem on this watch or other gps units? Any ideas on a simple fix?

Sounds like a crappy problem. not sure of the details about this unit, but sounds like the buttons are too loose and too easily pressed. Obviously not a good combination with a fitness GPS billed for multiple sports. Have you tried contacting TomTom about this? it might be a problem with just your model and they may warranty it or something along those lines. What about the retailer you purchased it from? What is their return/exchange policy?

I use a Garmin Forerunner 310XT (triathlon watch) when all I want to do is track my stats and the buttons on it are quite firm. Never had an issue with any of them pressing when jostled. I got mine as a refurb for maybe about $165 or so.