Adventure Mapper
    I make maps and ride a SS El Mariachi with a rigid Fargo fork:
    http://forgivenick.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Mar 2012

Marathon GPS

GPS Marathon is a great GPS for this price. It is light and has been stripped down to the essential functions of real time and average pace which is great if you need something to grab and go. I still use my old Garmin when Im training but for impromptu rides and runs this model is perfect. An 8 hour battery life in GPS mode means it's never dead when I want to use it. At Given Brand Sports they gave me a run down of the functionality.

DC Rainmaker has covered a couple of the Timex GPS offerings. Not this one specifically, but you can at least get an idea of how the brand is for quality by reading his reviews.

DC Rainmaker: Timex Run Trainer GPS In-Depth Review

DC Rainmaker: Timex Ironman GPS Global Trainer In Depth Review

Heartmonitors.com
    Mar 2012
    @forgiven_nick We've been using this gps watch for nearly a month now and we are very comfortable saying that it performs exactly as it is supposed to. First off, the GPS connectivity has never been an issue. It is quick to connect (under 30 seconds) and has maintained its satellite signal / connection through every workout we've thrown at it. Furthermore, it's light and compact. This is a big plus for women with petite wrists. As you probably know, one of the most common complaints about gps watches is their typical sundial size. Not the case with the Marathon gps.

One of our personal complaints is the fact that is does not have an interval timer. However, it does have 5 alarms that can be utilized as interval timers.

The data review mode is consistent with its simplistic design and functionality. It takes two buttons and a few seconds to access any of your past 30 workout sessions.

All-in-all, we're very excited about this watch. Hope this helps!