Just a punk in the street

Thank You Garmin!

I busted up my Garmin Edge 305 a couple of weeks ago in a crash. I sent it in to Garmin and got a newly refurbished replacement for $40. Regularly an $80 charge but I must have got someone having a good day.

I must say that even at $80 this would have been a great deal. Thank you Garmin! Not only do they make, IMHO, the best hand held sporting gps units they have fantastic support.

Here' a link to an annoying video of the new trail I was riding as well as the wipeout. You can see the damaged 305 at the end of the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-vlY...e=channel_page

govt kontrakt projkt mgr
    yeah they replace mine a month or so ago at 80 dollars. fine with me.

mtbr member
    nice to hear when companies come through in a nice way- even the full $80 isn't that bad.

how did the wipeout happen? seemed like you just stumbled in the middle of the trail. rock?
    - 1995 Giant ATX 890
    - 2011 Salsa El Mariachi XL

Just a punk in the street
    A little too much front brake while hitting a small, I mean very small, drainage crossing which caused my front wheel and therefore the entire steering system into an immediate 90 degree turn. My ribs and luckily my full face helmet took the brunt of the fall. The ribs are still hurting right where the GPS unit smashed into them.

I never expected to crash so hard and so fast on basically a nice smooth trail.

mtbr member
    Nov 2008
    That sucks, i'm only saying this because you are alright. But after the crash you kind of reminded me of peter from family guy when he hurts his knee. Thats cool about garmin i'm trying to decide between the edge and forefunner 305 right now

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZkudqkDvu6s

mtbr member
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Last Child
    I never expected to crash so hard and so fast on basically a nice smooth trail.
    i did the same thing on an access road, only in a toyata tacoma heavily modified for much fster than the 5-10 mph at which i did the 3/4 roll. sometimes it just don't take much for things to go way wrong under ideal conditions.