mtbr member

Suunto Ambit w/HR

Any thoughts?

Suunto Ambit | Suunto

Also they have a bike POD and a cadence POD, not sure what all you'd gain. But looks impressive.

Only a little more than a regular GPS.

?
    012 Epic Expert 29
    08 Trail SX II
    011 Pinarello
    09 Langster (New York)
    A few other too

mtbr member
    Oct 2011
    In my opinion the most interesting part of this device is how it measures the speed.

"The speed indication is a unique combination of GPS and acceleration sensor readings. The GPS signal is adaptively filtered based on acceleration, giving a more accurate reading at steady speeds and a quicker response to changes in speed."

If they get it work, it can be quite an interesting alternative to Garmin.

mtbr member
    Apr 2012
    DC Rainmaker posted recently a preview about this watch. (full review is coming soon, I guess)

Google:

DC Rainmaker: A weekend of watch previews: Suunto Ambit and the Soleus 2.0 GPS

It seems very nice and usable. A letdown is it doesn't support ANT+ devices, which many can already own.
    NEOTRACK - GPS enabled activity tracking journal.

mtbr member
    May 2008
    Read his entire review. Great detailed work right there. I've always been a Suunto fan. Although this doesn't have some of the functions the Garmins do, I still like it. It has more of an aesthetic appeal to me than those other training GPS watches.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomi_K View Post
    In my opinion the most interesting part of this device is how it measures the speed.

"The speed indication is a unique combination of GPS and acceleration sensor readings. The GPS signal is adaptively filtered based on acceleration, giving a more accurate reading at steady speeds and a quicker response to changes in speed."

If they get it work, it can be quite an interesting alternative to Garmin.
    that feature is pretty interesting. I think the watch form factor is a little less useful for biking. I have used my Forerunner on the bike before and while it worked okay, I didn't care much for it.

still, if this works well, it might convince me to replace my Forerunner with it eventually.