Thread: Strava Help

mtbr member
    Feb 2005

Strava Help

I am thinking about buying a mount that goes on the stem for my iphone and using my Strava account but I dont know what Strava shows while you are riding. Ive never seen my iphone screen while riding, I just throw it in my back pocket and go. Can I see rpms, mph, cadence, elevation gain,etc? Would you recommend another app (preferably free) that may be better. I like Strava because I enjoy seeing how I stack up against others and what I have learned is that I am a lot slower than I thought. Very humbling but I still enjoy riding and trying to improve. Thanks for the help.

Slower than a glacier,

Frntrngcactus

I'm your density
    I use a dedicated GPS, not a smart phone, so I can't comment on what Strava or any other app displays while you're riding. It would seem most apps would display the basic stats you listed; some things like cadence & heart rate would require a monitor.

Check out the GPS, HRM and Bike Computer forum. If searching what's there doesn't yield results, you'll get a lot of help if you re-post this question there.

Good luck.
    "Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left."
    Ty Webb

mtbr member
    Jan 2004

Strava will show you the basics.

It shows speed distance time etc.

Keep in mind that the times in strava are a persons best time. There are alot of people riding segments as fast as they can so its not fair to compare to a steady ride pace.
    Visiting St george/Hurricane? Stay at my vacation rental. Discounts for MTB's

http://www.vrbo.com/392904

PM me