mtbr member
    Aug 2012

Sigma Computer 2nd Bike

Just wanted to post my experience real quick. I have a Sigma BC 1609 that I use on my road bike. I am very happy with it so I decided I want to add that to my mountain bike as I have been doing more riding. Found an additional mount and sensor online bought it and installed it. The BC 1609 is supposed to automatically detect bike 2, when it didn't I looked through the manually and saw that you needed a specific mount for bike 2, you cant switch between bikes manually. Obviously annoyed I sent an email to Sigma asking them WTF as I don't even see a bike 2 mount for sale anywhere. Their response was that the mount I go will work, I just need to change the location of one of the sensor leads on the mount. There were no instructions with the mount kit so I had no idea. Either way, I'm happy I didn't waste my money and this will work. Just figured I would post in case anyone runs into a similar problem. I will post a link to the product I got when I have enough posts to do so.

unpossibles
    Thanks for this...I have the 1609 as well, and will be wanting to share it between two bikes when I pick up a roadie next spring.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012
    Basically what the rep told me was the lower left sensor needs to be moved over a notch to the left for it to register as the 2nd bike.

mtbr member
    Aug 2012