Scottish Rogue

Schwinn Bike Computer

I bought my wife a Lady's Motobecane Elite and she wanted a bike computer to mark how far she has ridden, I bought her a entry level Schwinn at Academy sporting goods store for $10-15 dollars. My problem is the instructions are not clear at all (think of explaining it to an individual who just doesn't understand the whole metric concept) Her tires are 700-38c (which I set the computer for) and the closest size according to the instructions is 700-36c.

My question is this; Will the difference in tire sizes effect the computer's mileage or speed by much??

On a lighter note I used to set my dads vcr clock for him when I was 8 lol.

Thank you in advance,
    Justin

GeoMan
    Hehe, there's an old saying, "you get what you pay for...". In this case, it appears you didn't pay for good instructions.

Frankly, I wouldn't worry much about the tire size difference in your example but I bet slocaus knows for sure... Tim?
    GeoMan
    We Ride!
    www.geomangear.com

mtbr member
    Mar 2005
    Most bike computer instructions I have seen, even for more expensive ones, always seem to be a bit confusing at first. Not much difference in the two tire sizes you (the OP - schaged88) list. -gt2005

mtbr member
    Mar 2009
    I have had my fair share of Schwinn computers that did not work. For the same price I purchased a Planet Bike wired computer. It was easy to setup and plug in, bolt in and ride. The instructions were clear and even in mild dew, the computer is water proof.